Thread: Pacific Northwest Meet, 4/14/07

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pacific Northwest Meet, 4/21/07

So, you in the Pacific Northwest that have a current email address listed in the vehicross.info membership should of received a email from me today. (some were PM'ed since no email address was listed) I propose that we have a luncheon meet (4/14/07)(changed to 4/21/07) in Olympia WA. Agenda will be lunch and discussion (bull session) about future get togethers, roadtrips (convoys) and off-roading. Some of you might be involved with other 4x4 clubs that actively off-road and can take the lead in this. Many would enjoy a weekend event and camping. We just need to fan that spark for why we bought our beloved VX
    Last edited by rowhard : 04/02/2007 at 01:30 PM Reason: date change
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Wow, this time I'M going to be the first one to bail. I could make it the NEXT day, April 15th, but on Saturday the 14th I'll be photographing a wedding.

Any chance of having the meet on Sunday instead of Saturday? Maybe?

OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Okay, this will be fun. Who is up for Sunday, the 15th of April?

Will make a final decision in one week dependant on the number of responses and for which day and will go with the majority.

Well, I'm voting for the 15th!

And since this is my second VX, I'm casting a second vote for the 15th in honor of my previous IronMan. That's two votes for the 15th! Woo hoo! In your FACE!

USA! USA!

(That's, um, in my best Homer Simpson voice.)

bump (now that I know what it means)

I'm interested, but the 15th is probably not going to work for me. We're 3 for 3!!! I could do the 14th. The following weekend I may be out of town.

As I mentioned in email with John (rowhard), a concern for me with most of these types of events is whether or not there will be anything for the families to do. Am I the only PNW VXer with young kids?

By the way, another great spot for a meet might be Point Defiance in Tacoma. There are plenty of spaces to park, and probably some good scenic shots if we get there early enough to get them all lined up. We could rent a picnic area if enough people were actually interested.

Maybe we need to offer free beer and backrubs.

Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

bump bump de bump, sure don't take long to get bumped to page 4 around here

40 miles to go.

Hey Bulldog, since your traveling on-line, if your up for coffee, I can meet you at Ralphs Thriftway right at 9:40 for coffee. (Starbucks) Can't be there before, 8:30 dental appt.

It's Easy to find, just head east on 4th Ave from downtown, it's a one way street, top of the hill, few blocks on the Left - John

I'm visiting my mom, the girls are still sleeping, they don't have a crippled shoulder to keep them awake.
    My laptop is wireless, but not broadband wireless.
    I have to park next to McDonalds or Best Western... to log on while on the road.
    I will be up for showing the girls the '"Oly" can lable' view,(Tumwater Falls) after lunch.

Talking

See ya guys soon!
    Knowledge is power!

Well?

How was the meet?!?

Where are the photos?!?

I'm just sorry I couldn't be there...

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    Well?

Where are the photos?!?

Here is the first ten:

Sorry I missed the meet. Was planning on showing up but my son's car broke down so we had to help him get it back up and running. You know how tragic it is to be 17 with no wheels on a saturday...

I haven't tried it yet but I saved the link you sent me.
    Tryed to upload some more pictures, and photopost froze on the second one.
    AAarrrrggghhhh!

Oh I forgot
    The shoulder still _____s!
    I'm improving about 5 degrees a week, too slow!
    I think the Therapist is trying to rip it off
    still hard to sleep still using the left arm to lift the right

I could just bring an empty spray bottle to the next meet....?
    Last edited by Bulldoggie : 05/21/2007 at 08:16 PM