Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Northwest Meet, 4/14/07

Pacific Northwest Meet, 4/21/07

So, you in the Pacific Northwest that have a current email address listed in the vehicross.info membership should of received a email from me today. (some were PM'ed since no email address was listed) I propose that we have a luncheon meet (4/14/07)(changed to 4/21/07) in Olympia WA. Agenda will be lunch and discussion (bull session) about future get togethers, roadtrips (convoys) and off-roading. Some of you might be involved with other 4x4 clubs that actively off-road and can take the lead in this. Many would enjoy a weekend event and camping. We just need to fan that spark for why we bought our beloved VX
    Last edited by rowhard : 04/02/2007 at 01:30 PM Reason: date change
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Wow, this time I'M going to be the first one to bail. I could make it the NEXT day, April 15th, but on Saturday the 14th I'll be photographing a wedding.

Any chance of having the meet on Sunday instead of Saturday? Maybe?

OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Okay, this will be fun. Who is up for Sunday, the 15th of April?

Will make a final decision in one week dependant on the number of responses and for which day and will go with the majority.

Well, I'm voting for the 15th!

And since this is my second VX, I'm casting a second vote for the 15th in honor of my previous IronMan. That's two votes for the 15th! Woo hoo! In your FACE!

USA! USA!

(That's, um, in my best Homer Simpson voice.)

bump (now that I know what it means)

I'm interested, but the 15th is probably not going to work for me. We're 3 for 3!!! I could do the 14th. The following weekend I may be out of town.

As I mentioned in email with John (rowhard), a concern for me with most of these types of events is whether or not there will be anything for the families to do. Am I the only PNW VXer with young kids?

By the way, another great spot for a meet might be Point Defiance in Tacoma. There are plenty of spaces to park, and probably some good scenic shots if we get there early enough to get them all lined up. We could rent a picnic area if enough people were actually interested.

Maybe we need to offer free beer and backrubs.

Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

free beer, back rubs, oh boy

Mmmmm....baby back ribs, soaked in beer...

...what's that? Back RUBS?

That's different. Meh.

I didn't mean to throw any monkey wrenches in the works. It just sucks that I have to work on the 14th!

Wow Eric, guess I have to move back east to get any interest.
    Last edited by rowhard : 03/23/2007 at 05:01 PM Reason: forgot something

Sorry I'm going to Phoenix on the 12th for approximately 1 week.

Is it possible to shift forward or back a weekend?

I'd love to catch up with ya'll if you ever come through the Portland/Vancouver area. Can't make it on Sundays since I work Sun - Thurs. Maybe sometime I can make it up North although the thought of the drive (I commute 1 - 1 1/2 hrs each way to work as it is) doesn't sound that appealing. It would be great if I could convince my boyfriend to come with me and check out all the great mods you guys have done so he might be encouraged to do some to mine (vx that is ). He doesn't share my love of my ride though so it might take alot of convincing. (not my fault if he hasn't figured out how to duck when he gets in :laughg: ) When I mentioned a convoy to Crater Lake he did seem to show a spark of interest so maybe theres hope for him yet. Hope to catch up with ya'll one of these days,,

Jody

Jody, I totally understand, I drive a bus for a living so seat time isn't my favorite way to spend a day. But Hey, is there someplace in between you and Olympia that would work. Maybe we can talk those guys and gals north of me to drive that extra little bit like maybe Centralia or something. Or maybe you can oragize a Saturday meet your way for you and the OR VX's, I'd be up for that - John

Well, I think I'm in, but it's not clear to me if it will be Saturday or Sunday, and wether we'll have free ribs or free back rubs

It's been my experience as organizer of two past PNW VX meets and countless trail runs, to just set the date, time, and place, because you won't be able to accomodate everyone. Thanks, John for working on this.
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner

Saturday, April 21st looks like it would work for the majority... yes?

Date for Pac NW Meet

Kpaske: Can we switch it to end of 2007? I think I will be back from Baghdad by then.

First restaurant I am hitting is either "The Rock" pizza in Tacoma, or a little hole in the wall Korean place in the international dist. (sorry, hungry right now).

-Doug
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com