Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pimp My Ride!

Arrow Pimp My Ride!

So I was having lunch with John (rowhard) last weekend, and we got on the topic of MTV's 'Pimp My Ride' show. I told him it was one of my guilty pleasures...because face it, it's kind of a lame show. But fun!!! (In John's defense, he doesn't watch the show, so give him a break.)

Still. I like watching it. They've come up with some pretty bizarre stuff with some of those cars!

Have any of you seen the show? I was wondering what they could possibly do with a Vehicross. I mean, our rides are pretty cool already, right off the assembly line.

But just imagine! The VX has unique lines, a unique layout, and a TON of potential. If these chop shops can put an aquarium in a Corolla, imagine what they could do in a VX!

If Xzibit came to YOUR front door, what would you like to see him do to your VX?
    Last edited by PHO2GR4 : 03/18/2007 at 10:20 AM
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

One for Bart:

Here's a custom job I found that Bart (nfpgasmask) might like:

http://www.galpinautosports.com/gall...car=armageddon

Pimp My Ride

If they could just fix the windows I would consider it pimped and be happy with that. Also a few more cup holders would be nice.

I second mrlarrys "windows'. if they worked i'ld be like "you check my windows yea they work , i know im big pimpin "

i wouldnt let them anywhere near my VX! i dont know if ive ever liked a design theyve come up with!.. also i met the kid who got the projector and blow up screen that comes out of the trunk... he said every single line of the show was scripted.. like if you even said "i have not" instead of "i havent" they would make you re-shoot the scene..and after releasing the blow up screen.. it took the guys who installed it about 45 minutes to put it back in.. they forgot about murphys law that states once removed from the packaging.. they never fit right again.. sorry.. as entertaining as the show is, it drives me crazy too

now chip foose could play with my VX.. then id want a s/c.. sweet paint job.. custom rims.. an even sweeter sounding stereo.. rock sliders.. bigger tires... the list continues haha

and if i had to get my ride pimped by xibit.. id want them to make my car into one of those russian dolls.. so when i opened the back door.. a powerwheels VX came out of the back.. then an RC power wheels out of that one.. then a model.. then a hot wheels...

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    If Xzibit came tto YOUR front door, what would you like to see him do to your VX?
    Stay the f*** AWAY from my VX would be my advice to him.

I do not like aquairiums said Ldub...
    It might spill water on my hub.
    (I believe that's a quote from "Horton hires a ho")

I would pass on that too. But would rather have Extreme 4x4 get their hands dirty on my VX - I have emailed them about it but heard nothing yet.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Yep, Eric is right, NEVER have watched the show, not sure where MTV is on the dial. But at least now when I read here about pimping your ride I know what it means. Now would someone please explain what bump means.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Yeah, if I had a second one that was busted up and ugly then i would let X have it. but otherwise I say Chip foose or Extreme 4x. OR even better give me an arse load of money and let me do what I want!!!!!!

PMR would equal lots of stereo equip and monitors plus some 20's
    They do no fab work...only bolt on crap which means nothing for the VX.

Of the two I'd go with exreme4x4...however after seeing a lot of their projects self destruct ...well at least they know how to fab. If they'd do an SAS and throw a couple of ProRock 60's under it, I'd be a happy camper!
    Maybe we could get Dallas (StinkyFab) his own show...he has done some sweet work on his Zu's and some of the top comp buggies...mad fab skills and he knows Zu's!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I would NEVER let them touch my VX. I have seen those featured rides around town - believe me, they look like crap in no time. Bumper cars at a carnival would be a good similarity.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Really? You wouldn't want a rail-gun welded to the roof?

Or a 37" LCD screen that drops down from the headliner, with a PS3 tucked away in the jack cubby?

Or remove the rear seat, build a raised, clear plexiglass floor that covers the rear cargo area and fill it with scorpions?

Or build a circular conveyor belt going around the rear compartment and have one of those sushi restaurant setups?

Or remove the front and rear circular driving lights/red reflector lenses and install extendable javelins that pop out and puncture the bumpers of cars that park too close?

Or paint large grommet-holes up the hood and roofline, then paint large shoelaces going across and through all of them, with maybe a large Nike "swoosh" on both doors?

Or...okay, just heated seats and windows that work?

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    Or paint large grommet-holes up the hood and roofline, then paint large shoelaces going across and through all of them, with maybe a large Nike "swoosh" on both doors?
    Now that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    Now would someone please explain what bump means.
    BUMP

It's just an easy way to add a new post to a thread to get it back to the top of the most recent post list. BUMP it back to the top...

Back on topic...

I wouldn't even let Chip Foose touch my VX. I have nightmares about him getting ahold of my Cobra and replacing all the NOS/original parts with crate/aftermarket parts. It just kills me when he takes a family heirllom and replaces all the history with bling. I can't imagine what he would do with the cladding, the hood, the moon on the back door...all the things that make the VX unique. And HIS WHEELS! I'm sorry, I DO NOT like Foose wheels, especially on a classic muscle car. They just look wrong. I, like a few others on this board, plan to keep my VX (almost) totally stock. I still have the original cat back and air filter! Please DON"T Pimp my Ride or OverHaul it!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    Now that's funny!
    I think the shoelace idea was John's...