Thread: VX/Trooper Repair Manual?

VX/Trooper Repair Manual?

I did a few searches last night, and found little to nothing that is helpful as far as literature on VX repair/maintenence. I found a crapload of repair documentations on Rodeos, Amigos, and Passports, but VX and Troopers seem to be the redheaded stepchildren. I find it hard to believe that Haynes and Chiltons show nothing. No books nor online lit.

Now, am I just completely missing it? I know there has to be something. I was gearing up to go ahead and do a complete re-seal job when I did the S/C but I want some literature to plan ahead.

Someone point me to some good documentation please. What do you other shadetree mechanics use and how good is it?
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

have you tried the workshop manual CD that tone has for download on his website? its been helpful for me removing body panels, havent really done anything with the engine w/ it though, but it lokos very thorough

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Its a free download at the bottom of this page

http://www.tonemonday.com/vxparts.html

Ya, I have the disk, but was more interested in not having to have a laptop resting on the airbox while I got all greased up under the hood. A book is quite ideal in this situation. I am currently going through the same diving-through-flaming-hoops ordeal with my WRX. No damned hard copies available.

Thumbs up

Pricey but Helm is the only authorized publisher of Isuzu Service manuals.

Helm - Isuzu

Best,

There's also the workshop manual that Scott loaded in the download section, I know, lap top on the air box, but just print the pages you want for that days project.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Ditto on the Helm. Think I saw one on e-pay the other night, grouped with some other stuff. I paid like a hundred bucks, six years ago...but it was printed on some fiber/plasticy stock, that wipes clean, and is trooper/vx.

You could take the workshop cd manual to a print shop and see if they'll print it all out on good stock for you. It would probably be a lot cheaper than buying one.

There was also a set of hardcopy manuals on eBay recently that someone posted about.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers