Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: S/C Reference Info

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Bumpadiddlyumpalumpa...

Sooooo...is it ALIVE yet ?

Yep, still have yet to really drive it anywhere though. It's been around the block, but that's about it since the front clip is still missing. Work slammed me into high gear for some "upcoming surprise crap" so I am overwhelmed. In all though, she started right up and purred like a PV kitten with a nice little Eaton snake hissing in her guts. I had one tiny fuel leak around the fuel line where the hose connects to the EGR side banjo, but a twist of the screwdriver and that was brought to an end. No CELs, no leaks, and no alarming noises, so it all looks good so far. May still need to play with the S/C belt tension cause it is pretty wobbly in spin.

As for the documentation, same as above. A little bit on hold because of work. I have some quickly drawn, but clearly legible diagrams that get a really good point across, so in the meantime, I could probably scan those and put them up somewhere. With the info I compiled, a 12 year old, one armed, girl scout could install the S/C in 2 days. I will try to scan this stuff and start up a page that details it all, and then later on, update the diagrams with the pics and good old 3d diagrams. Really doesnt seem like a high priority for now though since there is little to no talk of people installing one. Someone just bought one, but mentioned a shop installing it. *shrug*

Soon Young Padawan.... soon....
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT