Thread: S/C Reference Info

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

S/C Reference Info

Thought I would start up something that may be helpful to those upgrading to the S/C, upgrading existing hoses to it, or having issues with it. For those do-it-yourselfers anyways, since many folks probably had it installed and maintained by another source. Might be kinda helpful having a dedicated info and photo thread for it. Especially since I am in the end of my install experience, and taking pics as I went. I hope to add more pics and info as it comes in, so please feel free to offer any info to keep this updated, and I can snap pics as well. If anyone has the time and knowledge, it would be helpful to be able to list all numbered connections and give any information about them (what they are, where they go, what their function is, and how they relate to the S/C from stock), so this is a work in progress. Any and all participation in making this a useful source is appreciated.

Breakdown

Necessary parts removed to begin the install. Looking rough. I tagged all loose hoses and wiring with masking tape so they would stand out and I wouldnt be able to forget to attach later.

Assembly

The S/C comes mostly assembled from factory. All you really need to do is to add the parts that you are taking from your VX and adding them to it. Shown below is the S/C with my fuel injectors installed in the plenum and the fuel rails and the EGR resting idle in place on the EGR mount (to be installed after S/C is mounted).

(1) -

Throttle Body

The throttle body is a housing filled with wire harness connections and hoses. All of which will be very important later on when reconnecting because it is relocated near the firewall and all hoses and harnesses will need to be extended to reach it.

(1) -
    (2) -
    (3) -

Stock Fuel Rail

This is not going to be needed for the S/C since it has it's own machined fuel rails.

(1) -
    (2) -
    (3) -
    (4) -

Stock Intake Manifold and Fuel/Vacuum Lines

This hunk of metal will be thrown aside for the S/C install. Perhaps someone will find a use for it as a paper weight.

(1) -
    (2) -
    (3) -
    (4) -
    (5) -
    (6) -

Crankshaft Pully

This was not an easy task to mount. The existing bolt had to be pulled to piggyback the S/C pully and fasten with a replacement bolt and 2 extras to secure it. I couldnt get my hands on a pully holder that fit, so I ended up using the serpentine belt as a reverse wrap grip. Worked like a charm but offers possible damage to the belt. If you go this route, make sure you have a replacement. Luckily, I already had a replacement for the install. Also, notice the studs. These allow for the S/C tensioner bracket to clear the serpentine belt and pullys. So, that means you are removing the fan and fan clutch to get this mounted.

(1) -
    (2) -

New Throttle Body Location

As you can see, it's going to be in front of the driver side firewall now.

(1) -
    (2) -
    (3) -
    (4) -
    (5) -

EGR Mount on S/C

The location of the EGR is no different than stock, but it's a doozy to get out and in (was for me anyways).

(1) -
    (2) -
    (3) -

Passenger Side Angle

A view down the right hand side of the S/C showing the fuel rail and some vacuuming.

(1) -
    (2) -

Driver Side Angle

A view down the left hand side of the S/C showing the fuel rail and some vacuuming.

(1) -
    (2) -
    (3) -
    (4) -
    (5) -

Driver Side Firewall

A view of vacuuming that run's further from the S/C.

(1) -
    (2) -

Last edited by WormGod : 04/04/2007 at 09:24 PM
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT