Thread: Is My VX looking more Rally Like?

Is My VX looking more Rally Like?

Hey all, what do u guys think?, is my VX looking more Rally like? I got a few more things for the outside left for now. later will be the big Money gulpers.

maybe i dont know enough about hood pins.. but how are you going to keep those cables from tearing up your paint and cladding?

looks nice though, those clear front markers are growing on me.. also really like that isuzu rally banner!

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

the cables have a clear rubber coating, so it wont scratch anything, and they are also rust proof. they connect on the bottom and to open hood u have to take disconnect the cables from the bottom amd then pull the hood pins up and pop the hood, it's really simple if u know how to do it, but if u dont know, it's a tough task. to open it takes like 1 min.

Where and how do you have those air ducts running to? Is that safe at speed with all the belts being exposed inside the engine bay? Just curious what would happen if one were to come lose?

I'm personally not a big fan of those wires for the hood pins but to each thier own. Even though they are coated, it will eventually wear on the paint.

What are your fog lights mounted to? Are they sturdy?
    Live Free or DIE!

well the rubber coating is very strong and wont wear off, but if so, i'll make new 1's no big deal. the fog lights are mounted on the bumper it's self where the front plate would go, so no holes where made, and i used a metal barce on the back for support, I'm not into mudding or rock crawling so having a bull bar is not needed, i'm into the the offroading/Rally, thats what this vehical was really made for, not rock crawling or muddong, if that was the case i would buy a truck for mud, and a jeep for rocks. and the ram air holes dont expose anything to the engine, cuz everything there is stock, i didn't take anything away, what i did is buy a bendable metal tube, that goes and wraps around the bumper and through the fender also to the hole that the origanel intake went and pass the tube through there and connected to the after market intake. this is temp.. cuz when i get a hood scoop i will buy a filter like the hemi's has or WRX to have a true ram air affect and place it between the front of the engine and top of the Fan. anything is possible if u pick your brain a little bit.

Arrow

You need to relocate your hood-pin cables to loop under the leading edge of the hood to the pin boss. One, that's what's required in various rally sanctioning bodies and two, where they are now it's just a matter of time before something snags one or both and makes a mess of your VX.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

didn't think of that, but that makes alot of sence, i think i got an idea where.

i just relocated them to go inside the front holes where my ram air tubes are, much better and way more safe, thank you Joe for the warning. thats my reason i put this threads on here for, so i can get every ones help, thank you again.

For a more machine rally look I would paint your screws.

Ultimate rally look for an IronMan is white screws and white powdercoated rims.

There is a pic of this in a gallery somewhere.

yeah i plan on that, and also rally sparco mud flaps with the wires, and a # stickeron the side, but the real rally side stickers, the 1's that go on the doors.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by CostieCosta
    yeah i plan on that, and also rally sparco mud flaps with the wires, and a # stickeron the side, but the real rally side stickers, the 1's that go on the doors.
    LOL, you'll have to pick a rally for that! The number plates are all different for the major series, so you'll have to choose one (Dakar, Pan Asian, RoW etc.) or go with a basic sactioning body like NASA.

To help keeps things in perspective and get the most authentic look here's a link to the NASA rally rule book so you can scrutineer your own work: http://www.nasarallysport.com/rules.php

Enjoy!

Joe Black, the diplomatic corps needs your skills. Joe Black for Florida Senate!!

Question

hi. how'd you get the upgraded fogs to fit nicely on the license plate area? looks fairly similiar to the OEM spec foglight bar setup - minus the bar!

illinois requires a front plate. wondering if this install would accomodate it. if it isn't too difficult and $$ loosens up a bit, that is a mod i may pursue. thanks!

-jose
    2001 kaiser silver #1002

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    Joe Black, the diplomatic corps needs your skills. Joe Black for Florida Senate!!
    Senate? Screw that! Think I'll try a grass-roots effort for the "top job" in 2012!

Interesting to say the least, but it's a little too noisy/loud for my taste. I am into "sleepers" though. Low profile but means business.

Too many decorations on a Christmas tree don't give me any more holiday spirit.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT