Thread: Headliner removal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    insert .02. Just went out to my beloved VX to check this out. Something else you might think about doing is this. (Did you read my thread awhile back about the door handle repair? There is a reference to a 'Bone Tool' sold by ipdusa dot com, 5 bucks, but it you happen to have some hard plastic laying around you could make one). Anyway, using the bone tool, you could work the cable into the the leading edge of the head liner then run the cable down under the rubber seal between the A-pillar and door right down to the side of the dash and underneath to the OBD plug. This might be a way to prevent breaking anything in the A pillar cover. When I installed the map lights in place of the useless rear view mirror, I was able to pull the headliner leading edge down to feed the mirror map light wiring thru to the aircraft style lights that I installed. Pictures are in my gallery. Just another thought Bart.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Cool, thanks!

I will need to update my website with my recent mods soon! I hope to have it all done before Moab!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    insert .02. Just went out to my beloved VX to check this out. Something else you might think about doing is this. (Did you read my thread awhile back about the door handle repair? There is a reference to a 'Bone Tool' sold by ipdusa dot com, 5 bucks, but it you happen to have some hard plastic laying around you could make one). Anyway, using the bone tool, you could work the cable into the the leading edge of the head liner then run the cable down under the rubber seal between the A-pillar and door right down to the side of the dash and underneath to the OBD plug. This might be a way to prevent breaking anything in the A pillar cover. When I installed the map lights in place of the useless rear view mirror, I was able to pull the headliner leading edge down to feed the mirror map light wiring thru to the aircraft style lights that I installed. Pictures are in my gallery. Just another thought Bart.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    I hope to have it all done before Moab!
    ...you're in gooooood company, mang.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

My $0.02 too.
    In place of mechanical fastening, you might consider heavy duty velcro. It's a light piece of hardware, especially if your mount box is also plastic.

Thanks again fellas!

Bart

Hey bart, is your top audio hole filled? this is what I did with my scan gauge - John

There it goes again, only a thumbnail photo. wish I could figure this out. anyway, there is a big picture in my gallery, 'get the big picture now'

Putting it in a DIN would be ideal, but both of mine are already full. I am thinking about fixing the scan guage onto some ABS and putting that over the bottom DIN slot where I have my power inverter via some sort of little door. So all I have to do is lift up the door to get to the invertor.

But either way, I have to wait until I get it to start planning...

Thanks - Bart

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    Hey bart, is your top audio hole filled? this is what I did with my scan gauge - John