Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what cars have you guys raced, and who won.

what cars have you guys raced, and who won.

What cars have you guys raced and who won. I have had my VX only for a few months and i have raced an Acura RSX, I won. A Jeep Wrangler, I won. A Scion TC, I won. A Impala(newer model), Lost by a few feet. Ford F-150, I won. Dadge Ram, I won. Honda Civic, I won. Ford Mustang V6, almost won but lost. Can't think of anything else. all this where from the start off to like 50-60 mph. So what have you guys raced. and is there also any1 here with a supercharged VX that have won some nice street races.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Sorry, I don't street race. Thought you meant track cars.

I have raced a buddy in a pontiac vibe and won... lol... no biggie. I am not too fond of the street race, but it was w/ a friend on a very familliar stretch of road.

I have not race anyone myself but i do get alot of the kids in town telling me to smoke my tires

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Only a V8 Explorer. I completely smoked him twice from one stoplight to the next. It was pretty silly, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    Sorry, I don't street race. Thought you meant track cars.
    +1
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Unhappy

ok...................never mind, i just thought i brought up a topic, so we all can chat, but i guess u have to be known in this site for people here to talk to you are pay attention, sorry i bring up topics. later guys.

Unhappy

Now i see why there is alot of people here as members but only a few chat, those others prob... tried to fit in but no1 put no intrest in them, i guess this has answered 1 of my ? of why only a few chat.

I Know How You Feel

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Quote Originally Posted by CostieCosta
    Now i see why there is alot of people here as members but only a few chat, those others prob... tried to fit in but no1 put no intrest in them, i guess this has answered 1 of my ? of why only a few chat.

I wouldnt take it personally, costa. Street racing is one of those subjects that is both popular and unpopular. I'm not speaking for the others here, but being on this and on the older VX forums, the subject of street racing has been brought up with sometimes fiery results. Some members have lost friends/loved ones from it, or just seen too many results of racing gone wrong. I think many just wont touch the subject (even if they have done it themselves). Just an opinion...
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

and is there also any1 here with a supercharged VX that have won some nice street races.
    How about forest racing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArH55DvhBa4 ???
    2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS (build in progress): 4JX1/A340/part time, 2" body lift, front Aisin hubs, rear Aussie Locker, 4.56 gears, OEM rear sway bar disconnect, AirFlow snorkel, cabin air filter
    1980 Jeep Cherokee (assembling): 1.5" body lift, TBI, HEI
    1987 AMC Eagle: stock

Angry

it not about street racing, cuz i'm not in to it, cuz i don't have a street racer, i'm just talking about every once in a while there is kook that wants to test you and u just simply see its safe enough to try it, thats all, i'm preety sure plenty here have done it, cuz the VX is not the commen suv. but what ever, and thanks erland for knowing what i mean. I guess i have to do some mods and sell them to get the peoples here attention, or maybe start giving away free stuff like superchargers, maybe that will get poeple to like me...... whatever i joined here to get to know the community of VXers and *****, but some people give some nasty comments at times, and at other peoples threads that i have found. Well guess i'll just check every once in a while to see new "MODS", but i'm out later guys, good trying to know u all.

i'm just talking about every once in a while there is kook that wants to test you and u just simply see its safe enough to try it, thats all, i'm preety sure plenty here have done it,
    I actually did the other day, but it was with my buddy on the familiar street leading right to his house. He was in his M3 so guess what happened...
    It was by no means street racing though, we got off the freeway and I did my best to stay in front of him. It was over in seconds, and I didn't get ridiculous for fear of the obvious (crash/cops), just one of those fun, spontaneous moments with a buddy.
    RallyX is more my taste: (me & my 99 RS)

As far as with strangers "testing me", I could care less and I think the majority (not all) of VXers ON THIS FORUM (not all) feel the same.
    I feel out of place sometimes too on threads dealing with certain parts or off-roading topics, as I'm not much of a wrench or into off-roading.
    However, there have also been plenty of topics I've been a part of or have redeemed very much help from.

whatever i joined here to get to know the community of VXers and *****, but some people give some nasty comments at times, and at other peoples threads that i have found. Well guess i'll just check every once in a while to see new "MODS", but i'm out later guys, good trying to know u all.
    And yes, there seems to be a core of VXers on this site that seem to do the majority of the talk, but that's because they've owned their VXs for years, a lot are original owners, and have been on this forum since it's creation. They've been through certain topics over and over again, while it might be the first time a lot of others see them.
    I rarely see any immature comments from the veteran members here, and I don't neccessarily see any towards you on this thread, but if you feel differently, you're entitled.

I was excited to join and it's good to see more/new members here for the more knowledge,experience, etc. the better, but if it's not your taste or you don't appreciate the responses, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Cy
    Last edited by cyronman : 04/16/2007 at 02:15 PM

I haven't really seen many negative posts on here at all since I joined. There may be some things that people "have their own opinions/likes/dislikes", but that doesn't mean they're trying to be nasty or elitist, or discourage you, it may just mean they have a different viewpoint. I would personally hate to see you quit coming here Costiecosta, I have been following your "Rallyization" of the VX and personally think you have done a great job so far. I think I am correct in assuming you got your VX right around the same time I got mine, and like you I love to mod stuff and post about it. I have also got some lackluster and discouraging responses sometimes, but also a lot of positive reinforcement and help. Just take the good, leave the bad and enjoy the obsession

u guys are right, i'm sorry for being stupid, i just have had a rough day, so i had to loose some steam and took it out here, sorry again, i just hope people would pay more attention to the new guys and gals, so they can stick around longer and maybe end up never getting rid of there VXs. thats all. but u guys are right and pretty much all of it.