Thread: TOD "Check" red light flashing

TOD "Check" red light flashing

Hello All,
    A question for the vast VX knowledge here...

About a week ago, I got in the Green Dragon and started driving. The red TOD "Check" light is flashing, and there is no power being transferred to the front wheels. Nothing odd had happened, nor had I done any offroading recently.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I read in a previous post that it might have something to do with the sensors on the tranfer cases. Any helpful insight would be appreciated. My VX has 95K miles, and the drivetrain fluids were all replaced late last summer.

Thanks,
    Neal

Arrow

I'm a pro at this, well it think, lol. its ur front and rear sensors that are located in you tod, same thing happend to me, i'm driving with my rear wheels only, cuz isuzu is charging me almost $400 per sensor + labor, making it about $1400 to fix. But if u buy from St.Charles he will sell them for $150 each, and the labor u can do it your self. i have not done it, cuz i don't have cash so i disconnected the tod and it drives fine but rear wheel drive only and if u want to go 4wd u still can. to diconnect u need to unplug a plug on the tod computer that is located under the passenger seat. if i'm not wrong the plug is a gray color and it has three wires or something like that. you will still have the cheak engine light on but just simply put black wire tape over the cheak light, getto i know but simple for now and u will not see or feel a diffrence. there is another guy here that has been riding the same way for a long time and he likes it alot better on just rear wheel drive. I have tried everything to fix it, clean wires, change the fluids, everything but change tires, but i got it cheak at isuzu and they told me it was the sensors. I dont want you to go loose $100 on getting it cheak so i suggest you try cleaning everything, and if it all fails then its ur sensors. good luck and keep us posted if u get it fixed, later bro.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

First thing I'd check if you haven't already is the TOD fuse. Other things to check are the connecttions on the TOD computer and sensors. Check that they didn't come lose or get any moisture in them. Also the computer or sensors could be bad.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Thank you Gents,
    I will check the fuse, connections and for moisture first. Lucky for me, Merlin is only ten minutes up the road. I may have to pay him a visit to get some sensors.