Thread: O2 Sensor/Coolant Temperature Sensor

Unhappy O2 Sensor/Coolant Temperature Sensor

Hi, I've posted on here quite a few times about my flashing TOD check light. I've replaced speed sensors and even bought a new TOD module and the light continues to flash. Can anyone tell me whether either the O2 sensors or Coolant Temperature Sensor would have any impact on the TOD? The car smells hot when I've been driving it but the temperature gauge is reading normal, don't know whether that means anything. it's really hard getting garages to look at it in the UK and I've spent so much money trying to get it fixed, it's got to the point now where I think the only thing to do is sell it but I love it and just want it fixed.

what kind of speed sensors? the abs sensors that go on each wheel, or the rear and front speed sensors, that are located on the tod it self on the rear sise of the tod, 1 on the top part and the other on the bottom? have you cheack the tod computer? eather u could have a loose wire, or a broken connector, or upluged. or you might have need a new tod computer, it might be that its fried and u need to replace it? or a fuse of your TOD? the tod computer is under the passenger side seat the american version, but i would think the tod should be under the driver for you, i don't think they would move it somewhere else. cheak and see if its under the driver fist and if not under the passenger. Have you taken it to get the code, to see whats really wrong? If you get it cheaked they will tell you whats the code the Vehicakl is throughing to indacate wahts wrong. or I can say 1 more thing. probley everything is working good, just probely when you had your VX fixed before, they connecting things wrong. OH and also 1 more thing, never try to clean the sensors your self. if they are new to try cleaning them, cuz that can mess up the sensor its self. just try it with not cleaning it. Hope i could help, i have the same problem, but mine is the rear speed sensor, that is located on the Tod itself.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Does anyone know if JDM models throw OBD codes like US models? That would be extremely helpful in diagnosing the problem.

Nick, have you checked all the obvious stuff like the fuse? Are all of your tires the same age and size front and back?

I've replaced the Tod computer already and the speed sensors underneath not at the wheels. I've read the codes by putting the wire in pin 8 which gave me code 13 which in your cases would mean shorted ground but I'm now wondering whether this could relate to the oxygen sensor as on other sites I've found listings refering to code 13 being oxygen sensor. Other than the Tod light flashing, it's using excessive fuel, smells really hot when I get out of it and it says it's idling low once warm although it's not stalling or juddering or anything. It is OBD II compatable but nowhere here can read the codes.