Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Reno Mini-meet II

That's cool. Keep us posted.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn
    I told a guy I work with about our trip and he might want to tag along. He has a wrangler and knows some trails, but mostly are towards Carson and Gardnerville. Im trying to find more trails up in the highlands.

Hey Clint?! Any news about that trail?

Everyone else still in for May 20, 2007?

I just blocked this day off on my calander, so lets do it! I know this meet up is in the shadow of Moab right now, but I don't want it to fall by the wayside.

Bart

Hey Bart,

I'm still in. Could you please PM me your contact info?

None more black! It's time for me to see Spinal Tap again. This whole road trip is shaping up to be an 11.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

For sheezey. I just watched Spinal Tap on Tuesday night. Funny, funny stuff.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    Hey Bart,

I'm still in. Could you please PM me your contact info?

None more black! It's time for me to see Spinal Tap again. This whole road trip is shaping up to be an 11.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Hey Clint?! Any news about that trail?

Everyone else still in for May 20, 2007?

I just blocked this day off on my calander, so lets do it! I know this meet up is in the shadow of Moab right now, but I don't want it to fall by the wayside.

Bart
    Not too much, I talked to another guy who lives up that way and he was familiar with it. Said its pretty good a few tight spots and switchbacks but he said we should be able to handle it.

I will post more when I get it.

Talking

I can't wait to learn all the cool stuff you guys will be able to show us from Moab!!! I'm still in!!
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Everyone still down?

I’m thinking Noonish to meet up 4 grub. My buddy goes to church across the street from the pizza/deli place and wants to ride with me so he will walk over and meet us then. I think the Wrangler won’t be along, though he wants to try the road he said maybe he will do it tomorrow and give us the low down. The road looks pretty long on the map but if we wanted we could take one of the others and circle back to the start point. I think.

If any one has anything better for options let me know. I’m really indecisive, so planning this is not easy for me.

I'm good to go, but where are we meeting at noon? Also, does anyone have anything to get us unstuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder
    I'm good to go, but where are we meeting at noon? Also, does anyone have anything to get us unstuck?
    Here at Nik-N-Willies

I dont have a winch, I could borrow a tow strap but other than that not much else that I can bring to help. If my coworker goes with his wrangler, he has a nice new winch.

Conversation with someone who knows.

Here is a copy of a conversation on THEROCKGODS.com:

Re: Lousetown to Lockwood

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRNCNN
    I read in a thread here that you have driven this road. If thats what I understood could you give me a little info on the road? I am trying to set up a meet with fellow VehiCross owners and I thought we would take that ride.

Thanks,

Clint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WillyJ
    I have! A couple of times. What do you need to know. Which way are you going to run it? Do you have a GPS? If so I can just send you a track log.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRNCNN
    Basically can it be done with a daily driver that is lifted about 2.5inches? I plan to head up from the Highlands by the fire station at Cartwright and Lousetown. I don’t have a GPS but I think a couple of the guys that I’m meeting do. I have reviewed it on yahoo and google maps but that really only tells me that there is a road there.

Thanks,

Clint

I did it in a 2004 Dodge Dakota 4x QC. It was all stock. If you stick to the phone pole road you will do fine. The hardest part is figuring where to drop in to lockwood.

Go to Lousetown through Lousetown road. That will take you to the fire station as well. You avoid the highlands twisty turning and boring stuff and cut to the chase. Its really easy. Follow lousetown road to the end of it and hop off on the dirt and stay with the phone lines. You will go right by (High side of) bronco canyon and when you get the rock wall at the bottom (cant miss it) it will take you to logarmarsino canyon where it will drop you off at the P'glyphs. check those out and keep heading on that road and it take you to lockwood.

So basically BRING a camera, were going to check out some Petra glyphs. I also have found out about some other cool sounding trails and groups that we could cruise with. Fellow Reno VXers check out Reno4x4.com and hillsangels4x4.com for trail options and stuff. I think that the Hunter Lake Trail would be cool.

I can be there on May 20th or 21st...
    You still planning on coming with us?

I hope to be there. I've spent the past three days enjoying the Utah Valley region. See these threads for photos:

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...4&page=2&pp=15

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...threadid=11150

I'm staying in Moab for the next three days...arriving on the 13th and leaving on the 16th. Depending on my route homeward, I may be in the Reno area on the 20th. I may end up in Northern California, though. Yosemite Valley!

I'll keep this thread updated, though. My dogs say "hi".

Understandable. There are some incredible places in this country, someday I hope to get out and see them.

I hope to be there. I've spent the past three days enjoying the Utah Valley region. See these threads for photos:

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...4&page=2&pp=15

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...threadid=11150

I'm staying in Moab for the next three days...arriving on the 13th and leaving on the 16th. Depending on my route homeward, I may be in the Reno area on the 20th. I may end up in Northern California, though. Yosemite Valley!

I'll keep this thread updated, though. My dogs say "hi".

Ok so this trek should take us 4-6 hours. Is that still cool? I know there are other places up there we could goof off at in case no one wants to go that long since we cant start til noon. I will check with my buddy that wants to ride along and see if he isnt cool with that time frame, if he isnt would you all want to start sooner?