Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Reno Mini-meet II

Here are some more. My desktop isnt working so i have been trying to some editing on my wifes laptop. so as soon as i can I will post more.

Here's some of my pics:

And yes, I know the dates on the pictures are wrong. Sorry, but I'm way too lazy to change them.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Exclamation

Nice! But that 4th picture from the top still scares me (a giant bolder became dislodged and went tumbling for our VXes, luckily it only knicked the front of CrnCnn's cladding with no harm done, but my heart skipped a few beats as I watched that rock fall! Sorry Clint!)

OK, here are a few of mine, more can be seen on VX MADNESS!

Bart

PS - Clint, I'm glad you guys are staying in Reno, we can't afford to loose any more Reno VXers! And Beau, nice to meet you finally!

Talking What date?

What date? I don't see any date on this photo...
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

OK, so here are more from me. I know its not MOAB but we had fun.

Bravo!

We have to do it again soon!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn
    OK, so here are more from me. I know its not MOAB but we had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Bravo!

We have to do it again soon!

Bart
    I am ready when you guys are.

I really want a good digital camera so I dont have to wait, or pay.

I will be loking into a GPS and some software that you can plot you "waypoints." Whatever, I know nothing about GPS except that the people that I used to go to the sand dunes with in AZ had it and called it PMS cause it would always make them pissed off.

Anyway, my schedule will be changing soon so that I wont have sundays off. We will have to figure it out.

Yeah, I have a lot going on this summer, but we should take a day and do a lunch/VX meet/shooting event sometime soon.

I love my Garmin GPS, but it was a MAJOR pain in the @$$ to get working and it wasn't cheap. Go here to get a decent deal and all the info you ever wanted on GPS devices.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn
    I am ready when you guys are.

I really want a good digital camera so I dont have to wait, or pay.

I will be loking into a GPS and some software that you can plot you "waypoints." Whatever, I know nothing about GPS except that the people that I used to go to the sand dunes with in AZ had it and called it PMS cause it would always make them pissed off.

Anyway, my schedule will be changing soon so that I wont have sundays off. We will have to figure it out.

Shooting?!
    Give plenty of notice and maybe I'll join...I'll be in Sac. a couple times this summer.

Cy
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Yeah, I have a lot going on this summer, but we should take a day and do a lunch/VX meet/shooting event sometime soon.

Bart

Cool. It would be nice to have a 4th VXer along with us. How long is the drive up to Sac from where you live? Its only about 2 hours over the hill to Reno from Sac.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman
    Shooting?!
    Give plenty of notice and maybe I'll join...I'll be in Sac. a couple times this summer.

Cy

I can usually make it about 8 hours with good traffic and a couple of pit stops.
    I'm actually coming up this weekend but the VX is getting dropped off for a head-to-toe inspection(!), so I'll be in some kind of a rental.

Rental. Yuck. But it does make you appreciate the VX even more!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman
    I can usually make it about 8 hours with good traffic and a couple of pit stops.
    I'm actually coming up this weekend but the VX is getting dropped off for a head-to-toe inspection(!), so I'll be in some kind of a rental.

I am currently trying to scout out some trails here in the sierra nevadas that are not too difficult to do without a lift, and that are not gated. The trail I tried out last weekend was pretty good up to the point where I turned around, but due to lots of rocks in the middle of it, I don't know about clearance with stock VXs. I also found out that the trail turns into one of the most difficult runs of the Rubicon(Fordyce Jeep trail) a little down the road, so maybe not such a great idea. I'll keep you guys posted with what I find. We'll pretty much have to stick to the Nevada side too, because I can't bring my rifle to California(those pinko commies) without getting an instant felony. I think the same goes for you Bart. I think the deal is that you can't have a detachable magazine if I remember correctly.

Sounds good. We still have Clint's trail to do also. That one would be nice to do for a whole day trip were we can bring lunches, etc.

As for guns, I totally understand. I never bring anything over the border into Cali, and all of my rifles have detachable mags.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder
    I am currently trying to scout out some trails here in the sierra nevadas that are not too difficult to do without a lift, and that are not gated. The trail I tried out last weekend was pretty good up to the point where I turned around, but due to lots of rocks in the middle of it, I don't know about clearance with stock VXs. I also found out that the trail turns into one of the most difficult runs of the Rubicon(Fordyce Jeep trail) a little down the road, so maybe not such a great idea. I'll keep you guys posted with what I find. We'll pretty much have to stick to the Nevada side too, because I can't bring my rifle to California(those pinko commies) without getting an instant felony. I think the same goes for you Bart. I think the deal is that you can't have a detachable magazine if I remember correctly.

I only have a bolt action 30 odd 6 right now I left my pistol with my dad when I moved here. Guess now that im staying I will have to try to get it here.