Thread: Reno Mini-meet II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can usually make it about 8 hours with good traffic and a couple of pit stops.
    I'm actually coming up this weekend but the VX is getting dropped off for a head-to-toe inspection(!), so I'll be in some kind of a rental.

Rental. Yuck. But it does make you appreciate the VX even more!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman
    I can usually make it about 8 hours with good traffic and a couple of pit stops.
    I'm actually coming up this weekend but the VX is getting dropped off for a head-to-toe inspection(!), so I'll be in some kind of a rental.

I am currently trying to scout out some trails here in the sierra nevadas that are not too difficult to do without a lift, and that are not gated. The trail I tried out last weekend was pretty good up to the point where I turned around, but due to lots of rocks in the middle of it, I don't know about clearance with stock VXs. I also found out that the trail turns into one of the most difficult runs of the Rubicon(Fordyce Jeep trail) a little down the road, so maybe not such a great idea. I'll keep you guys posted with what I find. We'll pretty much have to stick to the Nevada side too, because I can't bring my rifle to California(those pinko commies) without getting an instant felony. I think the same goes for you Bart. I think the deal is that you can't have a detachable magazine if I remember correctly.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Sounds good. We still have Clint's trail to do also. That one would be nice to do for a whole day trip were we can bring lunches, etc.

As for guns, I totally understand. I never bring anything over the border into Cali, and all of my rifles have detachable mags.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder
    I am currently trying to scout out some trails here in the sierra nevadas that are not too difficult to do without a lift, and that are not gated. The trail I tried out last weekend was pretty good up to the point where I turned around, but due to lots of rocks in the middle of it, I don't know about clearance with stock VXs. I also found out that the trail turns into one of the most difficult runs of the Rubicon(Fordyce Jeep trail) a little down the road, so maybe not such a great idea. I'll keep you guys posted with what I find. We'll pretty much have to stick to the Nevada side too, because I can't bring my rifle to California(those pinko commies) without getting an instant felony. I think the same goes for you Bart. I think the deal is that you can't have a detachable magazine if I remember correctly.

I only have a bolt action 30 odd 6 right now I left my pistol with my dad when I moved here. Guess now that im staying I will have to try to get it here.

Yeah, you need to! Nevada is a good state for gunners. I've never shot a 3.06.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn
    I only have a bolt action 30 odd 6 right now I left my pistol with my dad when I moved here. Guess now that im staying I will have to try to get it here.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Yeah, you need to! Nevada is a good state for gunners. I've never shot a 3.06.

Bart
    Well then all the more reason to get out there. Cari actually wants to get a concealed weapon permit so I will be looking into that and new handguns this summer.