Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Reno Mini-meet II

Reno Mini-meet II

OK, its time for another Reno meet up! Who is in?

I am thinking May 5th or 6th, or sometime in late May.

CrnCnn has a nice trail picked out on the south end of town, and a place to eat, so we can meet up, have some chow, and then head for the hills.

Let's do it!

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 04/22/2007 at 11:58 AM Reason: change

Ok,

So since Acsinders VX appears complete it sounds like we need a get together. I posted on another thread about my idea as to where to meet. I took Lousetown road up in the VC highlands it seems a little rough but I didn’t go that far. It is supposed to take you all the way to Lockwood. I figure that the three of us could manage. We could meet at Nick and Willies at the bottom of the mountain for some grub and then head up. The first weekend in May works for me, well almost any weekend works for me I been working OT during the week so I get my weekends off. We will be moving on the third week/weekend of May so that ones out.

Sounds good. Hopefully Ascinder will join in and maybe some folks from Sac or some of the mysterious other Reno VXers that seem to be around (fat chance, I know).

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn
    Ok,

So since Acsinders VX appears complete it sounds like we need a get together. I posted on another thread about my idea as to where to meet. I took Lousetown road up in the VC highlands it seems a little rough but I didn’t go that far. It is supposed to take you all the way to Lockwood. I figure that the three of us could manage. We could meet at Nick and Willies at the bottom of the mountain for some grub and then head up. The first weekend in May works for me, well almost any weekend works for me I been working OT during the week so I get my weekends off. We will be moving on the third week/weekend of May so that ones out.

I'm in for sure!!! I want to see what this thing can do!!!
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

I can be there on May 20th or 21st...
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

With your VX too?

Wow, that would be cool. May 20th sounds good to me.

What say you, Ascinder, CrnCnn?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4

Yeah, I got bored with my Seattle winter weather, so I decided to drive to Moab with my two Shiba Inu dogs. I figure I'll be able to drive through Reno on the way back north!

My Shibas love going new places...

I will be moving. I think we may be able to take one day off. My wife Hosts two parties and has a meeting that weekend so it may just be me.

That's cool! So you will be in Moab with us?

Nice!

Bart

Yeah, I got bored with my Seattle winter weather, so I decided to drive to Moab with my two Shiba Inu dogs. I figure I'll be able to drive through Reno on the way back north!

My Shibas love going new places...

So Clint, you think Sunday will work?

Bart

I will be moving. I think we may be able to take one day off. My wife Hosts two parties and has a meeting that weekend so it may just be me.

Yes, I know I'm weird, but I just feel like taking a LONG drive with the dogs. Somewhere warm.

I'm leaving Seattle on May 7th or so, heading generally south-east until I find some good flyfishing water. I'll be camping along the route, or maybe staying in cheap motels if I feel like splurging (or showering!).

I'll drive all the way to Utah, and then try to find Arches and Canyonlands and...yes...Moab. I'll do whatever it takes to be there when the rest of you VX nerds are there.

So, anyone going to Moab please write down this number:

206-778-8495.

That's my cell number. I'll be up for burgers, beer, barbecue...pretty much anything that starts with a 'b', I guess.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    So Clint, you think Sunday will work?

Bart
    Yeah, Cari has a meeting that after noon so it may be only me.

That's cool. I don't know if my wife will come along either, she isn't much into the off-roading thing. Either way, should be a good time. And it sounds like we might have 4 VXes there too!

WooHoo!

Bart

Yeah, Cari has a meeting that after noon so it may be only me.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    That's cool. I don't know if my wife will come along either, she isn't much into the off-roading thing. Either way, should be a good time. And it sounds like we might have 4 VXes there too!

WooHoo!

Bart
    I feel 'ya. Brig's idea of "roughing"it, is staying at the Holiday Inn instead of the Sheraton. Driving past a sporting goods store is as close as she'll ever be to a tent. Tried to get her on a local, kayak/nature tour last year...got the same look the cat gives you, when he realizes the bath you're running, is for him.

I told a guy I work with about our trip and he might want to tag along. He has a wrangler and knows some trails, but mostly are towards Carson and Gardnerville. Im trying to find more trails up in the highlands.