Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 8 hours in the garage yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    whats did you do with your old rack????
    What do you mean? The only rack I ever had was the Coleman one...

Bart

The Weathertech ones are tinted....they are not super dark, but they are not totally clear either.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by gexxo18 View Post
    Is there anywhere to buy tinted rainguards? I've wanted them for awhile, but that light color just seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    I picked up a set at autozone that fit great
    Do they go in the window channel like the Weathertechs? Or are they the tape on ones?

Bart

They are tape on youhave to have them order it. I did not llike the way the weathertecs fitted.

They are tape on youhave to have them order it. I did not llike the way the weathertecs fitted.
    That's weird. What didn't you like about them? My Weathertechs fit perfectly, but I have heard (I think it was Etl) that sometimes the molding is off?

Bart

I just did not want to hinder the window when it was rolling up in the track due to windows that are sticking as it is also I smoke and like to vent the smoke out the window by holding the cigarette at the top of the window. The weathertec provides less space. Just a personnal preference

Sorry..I thought you said you got a new one ....MY BAD...you just fixed it..
    DUH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

I just did not want to hinder the window when it was rolling up in the track due to windows that are sticking as it is also I smoke and like to vent the smoke out the window by holding the cigarette at the top of the window. The weathertec provides less space. Just a personnal preference
    Ahh I see. Yeah, you don't want to be knocking your cherry off and have it go into your back seat and burn something! I was just curious if you got one with a bad molding also...

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Ahh I see. Yeah, you don't want to be knocking your cherry off and have it go into your back seat and burn something! I was just curious if you got one with a bad molding also...

Bart

yep it was mine that was off... not by much, heres a shot of the passenger side (the one that is off) and the drivers side (which was a good fit) I had to shave about 1/8-1/4" off of the end of the passenger side to get it to fit like it does now, when i got them (ordered from e-bay) the passenger side just wouldnt go because that tab was not lined up and would get in the way

my tip for anyone doing the scangauge thing... use a dremel to get close.. but do that last 1/8 inch by hand with some sand paper on a wood block then just test fit, shave a bit off, test fit etc until it fits snugly

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    my tip for anyone doing the scangauge thing... use a dremel to get close.. but do that last 1/8 inch by hand with some sand paper on a wood block then just test fit, shave a bit off, test fit etc until it fits snugly
    So wait, your scanguage is embedded also? It didn't look like it in your photo. So you cut into the plastic there?

Bart

EDIT: OK, I just took a closer look at yours. Its so clean looking I couldn't even tell it was embedded! Nice!

You Bart you...I thought to suggest the same thing. Ship "em to one of us, and have them sent to you.

I've been running with weathertec's for like 5 years now, no window issues...yeah I smoke...but the car doesn't come out in the rain, so except for washing, the windows are down, so my opinion is s$%# and I'll shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I've been running with weathertec's for like 5 years now, no window issues...yeah I smoke...but the car doesn't come out in the rain, so except for washing, the windows are down, so my opinion is s$%# and I'll shut up now.
    Yeah, I find the WeatherTechs to be the best option for rain deflectors, period. Very nice, durable quality, and they give my windows no issues. The stick on ones just look cheapola to me...

Bart

I too love my weathertech's...I've had them 3 yrs...awsome

The weathertecs do not cause my window problems its that little design issue I just did not want to make it worse or have the motor have to wok any harder. I also beleive in buying local when the shipping is likely to cost more than the product if you have to pay to get it then ship it back and then to recieve a second pair.