Thread: scangauge questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

scangauge questions

hey all, had a couple of questions about the scangauge II (and original scangauge i suppose)

1. the scangauge II says that it can store up to 10 programmable commands... what does that mean? what can i tell my engine/how do i do it?

2. when i first bought it i remember talk about being able to hook it up to a home computer eventually.. anyone heard anything about this? Tone?

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    the scangauge II says that it can store up to 10 programmable commands... what does that mean? what can i tell my engine/how do i do it?
    I have mine programmed to turn into an espresso maker & have a cup-o-joe ready for me when I slide into the drivers seat.
    After i figure out how to program in about three more commands, we're getting married.

Other than that, I can't really help much.

Cool

Larry, ya gotta program mine next time a see ya! I like expresso!

I think it refers to 10 or 11 things it can track for you, i.e. distance to empty, driving time, etc...

http://www.scangauge.com/features/tripcomputer.shtml

Good questions...

I just got mine as well. For me, the best part is being able to see the coolant temp. This is good for knowing when I am heating up. There is no way to get a trans temp though, is there?

Bart

there isnt a way to get trans temp from the scangauge i dont think, ive been looking into getting a transmission cooling system though and im sure you can get a thermometer to plug into the line somewhere similar to a oil pressure gauge.. which ive also been considering... as well as a fuel pressure gauge.. since the scangauge doesnt pick that up for whatever reason

kenny, it refers to other codes that can be programmed as well in the "scan tool" section of the page...

" Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes to send to the vehicle computer"

Yeah, trans temp and oil pressure would be sweet....

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    there isnt a way to get trans temp from the scangauge i dont think, ive been looking into getting a transmission cooling system though and im sure you can get a thermometer to plug into the line somewhere similar to a oil pressure gauge.. which ive also been considering... as well as a fuel pressure gauge.. since the scangauge doesnt pick that up for whatever reason

kenny, it refers to other codes that can be programmed as well in the "scan tool" section of the page...

" Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes to send to the vehicle computer"