Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "normal" tire sizes

Cobrajet, I took off one of my tires today and put it in the back, the tires I plan on getting are just a little bit wider, so the plan is to fit three across upright, and then put the fourth either in front of those three (behind the seats) or behind those three (in front of the tailgate)
    This of course assumes that all four won't fit across upright
    I also have already taken out the back seat, that may make all the difference in the world if you've not done that yourself

Yeah, I meant to go back and edit my post to add "...without removing the back seat." This was with my Kumho Ecsta STX 265/60/18. I tried stacking them, but you can't fit two side by side, and there sure isn't enough room for four high. I could put three in side by side on end, but there wasn't enough room for the fourth. If you figure it out, let me know.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Thumbs up

When I had my tires changed I got all 4 Blizzaks (265/60/18's) in back with the seat folded down, passenger seat pushed all the way forward (but still upright) and I was able to get them all in the back. They would not fit in a uniform manner, you just have to kind of work at it, but they will fit. The Kumhos that came off I kept and they fit easier as they are a little smaller (but not much, 255/55/18's). I hope this helps. If you're determined to make them fit in the back, they'll fit.

Cobrajet, they fit better than I feared. My wife tends to overpack and I was worrying myself stupid about how I would fit 4 tires in the back with all of our beach stuff. Like I planned, we put one behind the passenger seat facing left-right and then three in the cargo area facing front-back, all were standing up as well. I'm not stuck at the dealership that I got off the Tire Rack's Website. I've been here over 4 hours and they're not that busy. I was told on the phone I would be worked in but I guess that doesn't mean much. Dang, how long does it take to mount 4 tires????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!
    I was hoping to be on the beach by now, my wife is being very patient on this which helps but obviously my patience left a couple hours ago.