Thread: FS: Wheels and Tires

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MZ-N10
    i duno im on the same boat as costie......500 could get u new rims and tires are around 150 a peice, tats 1100 for new.....

come on now...theres no need for flaming
    You show me a wheel for $150, and I will show you junk, haha (as if the stocks arent).

I easily spend $2500 everytime I get wheels and tires. I guess thats why I see this as a steal.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Thumbs up

I think it all depends on what you are looking at. A new set of American Racing Chambers coated with Teflon and a set of BFG A/T will run you $1600 new.

So, half that price for a set of nice stock rims and nearly new tires is not a bad deal. If you want to cheap out, sure, you can get rims and tires for $500 bucks. But we ain't driving Hyundais here.

I just sold my set of stock 18" chromes with a set of BFG G-Force street rubbers with less than 10k miles on them for $700. That is only $100 less than what Roward is asking here. I wanted $1000. But I wanted to get them outta my garage and make a little money more than anything. I made a comprimise to get these outta my way.

Shipping on a full set of rims and tires ain't cheap, and that's what killed it for me. But that was my decision. I did consider keeping them or at least holding out until I got at least $900 in my pocket. But that would mean $1100 out of pocket for the buyer, and more time with these taking up space in my crowded garage, so you see why I ended up selling for less.

It just depends on how bad the seller wants to sell, and/or how bad the buyer wants them, and of course, shipping. Anyway, what I am saying, is that $800 is a very fair price....

Bart

Thank you Bart and all for your input on this. I did go by FedEx to get them weighed so I could quote correctly. Maybe it will be someone on the left coast and it won't cost so much.

Don't care for them, but if I can come up with a GOOD QUALITY adapter ring, might just put them on my truck since it needs new shoes anyway. It is driven about once a month if that and only to Lowes/Home Dpot or to take trash to the dump, so am not real concerned about using them if done correctly.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

i think also that yes, there are other rims out there, but what rowhard has are the STOCK RIMS. im still in the "its a bargin" boat

Okay, how about 650.00 plus shipping

wow, thats tempting even for me. That would make 7 for me.