Thread: Lift thread to end all lift threads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If your shocks are worn out this would be a good, although expensive, lift option: http://www.independent4x.com/item.ht...3&PRID=1554300
    Add the HD tie rods and you would have a great setup. I would still consider adding a longer panhard bar or a new bracket for the stock one, as well as a front diff drop, when adding this much lift.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

One of these days I'm going to swap over to a linked solid front with coil overs front and rear. But that will be once I get my RAM Powerwagon. I'm still recovering from all the work we did to my VX. Everything is still running fine and I'll have some new pics soon. I've been way to busy with work and starting an industrial salvage company.

As far as an uber lift I don't know what to tell you. It all depends on the kind of stuff your going to be doing. Like, is it going to be a daily driver or purely a trail truck? Do you like having good mpg? What size tyres do you want to run? How hard do you hit off road? So on and so forth. Once you figure all that out you then you can figure out how to make the uber lift for you.

Custom Independent4x 4.5" suspension lift, Custom Independent4x 3" body lift, 36x13.50R16 Irok radials, 16x8 American Racing Mojave teflons, Warn locking front hubs, Independent4x extended braided brake lines, Independent4x heavy duty tie rods, Calmini extended bump stops, Calmini extended brake line brackets, Rancho RS9000X shocks,1.5" wheel spacers, And trimmed cladding

Thanks so much for the help guys, the overwhelming response is very appreciated. Sorry for my delay in getting back to you...been in Vegas on biz for a week and have my big annual tournament on Memorial Day that I am pulling my hair out for.

Zues, that is a tremendous link you sent me in your post...looks to be pretty much everything a guy needs, the ease of the calmini (everything in one place) but with no fluff, and a lot of the stuff that you all said I would need/should get (braided brake line, bump stops, poly spacers, ball joint spacers, etc). Would that particular kit fit the VX with little/no modding?

To answer your ?s, sadly, I must admit that I am not a hardcore offroader. As much as it pains me to say it, I watch some of the videos of Moab and cringe at putting my Proty through that, though I know they can mostly handle it. She will not be an every-day driver, she will pretty much be a tricked truck. I want her to look oh so sweet! I have done this before, when I was poor(er) and only 16 with my Ford Ranger. I learned from that that look is fine, but function is better, even if not used. Everything was for looks. It was 2WD but had a 3" lift...which was all body, no suspension. Had a nice hood...all hood scoop, no function (weak little 4.0 V6 under the bonnet). So from that I have learned that if you are gunna do it, do it right. Though I think your truck might be a bit tall for me. And I don't care about MPG...technically, *cough* I use my company card to fill the tank since I got the owner's permission since I do so much running around for the company. So, while I will not be driving it that much anyway, fuel economy is not a worry for me.

I would pretty much want to run about 33" (maybe 34s) under her. With enough lift to accommodate that big of a shoe and still be able to steer her, I think it would look great without being too much.

As far as power goes, get this, I have got my mechanic looking for a nice, low mileage, diesel for me. To me, there is nothing like a turbo diesel. Power, speed, torque, and god I love that smell!

Quote Originally Posted by tbigity
    Zeus, that is a tremendous link you sent me in your post...looks to be pretty much everything a guy needs, the ease of the calmini (everything in one place) but with no fluff, and a lot of the stuff that you all said I would need/should get (braided brake line, bump stops, poly spacers, ball joint spacers, etc). Would that particular kit fit the VX with little/no modding?
    That kit is for the VX and later Troop so the only mods needed should be the removal of old hardware!