Some of us contemplate an SAS and I have heard someone who knows someone who has done it but I have never seen any proof that a solid axle VX exists! I have seen Troopers and Rodeos and Amigos with a solid axle swap though and they perform rather well offroad. I can't make up my mind if I should do it or not, but Triathlete is all about doing it, SPAZZ has started collecting parts for it, Alaska VX might be underway with his, Dstruction might already have done it...

Back to your original question. Ascinder posted some info on these adjustable coil mounts sometime ago and I think he installed them on his VX with good results. These would allow you to keep your stock coils and give you the ability to fine tune your lift height in the rear - then you just crank on the t-bars until the VX sits the way you want! So you have the option of lifting your VX 1" then 2" and then back again, all by turning a wrench or two!

There are things you should do to your VX when you are adding bigger tires though. Like Ldub mentioned, get braided brakelines - but I suggest also getting HD tie rods bcuz the stock ones are WEAK! And if your VX doesn't already have them, get the f/r greasable poly swaybar bushings. Otherwise, yes, it is just as simple as cranking the t-bars to lift the front and adding either a poly coil spacer, or the adjustable coil mount, or new coil springs, or all of it, to lift the rear. The rest is just stuff to go along with your now lifted VX - bigger tires, brake lines, tie rods, bj flip, poly bushings - then the optional stuff... deeper gears, lockers, locking hubs, front axle diff drop brackets, stronger control arms, extended panhard bar, shocks, bump stops - then the toys... winch, rocker guards, bumpers, diff guards, skid plates, roll cage, solid axle, lower x-case gears, welder, on-board air, etc............ and we're broke

Keep us posted on what you decide!!