Thread: Axle curse

Axle curse

For those of you who have been following my Axle saga, it keeps getting better....look for the novel to be released in early 2008:

After ordering OEM axles at $750 per side, cancelling the order in favor of a parts house online, having them take my money and not provide axles, following a link here directed me to a salvage VX with axles. I ordered them last week!!!! WoooHooo!!!!!!!!

UPS calls last night at 9 pm and says, "We have some axles here that were damaged in transit and you'll want to file a claim."

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I need a hug.

PS: The VX officially rolled 100K yesterday, but I figure it's probably more like 105K road miles with the lift/wheels/tires.

On the bright side, my drive to work this morning caused the usual number of rubber neckers pointing and gawking at the VX. I love my car.

Bim

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    that sux. i also have a love/hate relationship with the man in the big brown van.

i love it when he brings me packages. i hate when he doesn't because something happened to the package.

wonder what they did to damage axles?

how will this affect your trip to ut?

-b.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

How in the world do you "damage" big chuncks of steel?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Personally, I have been working at UPS for the last seven years, and there isn't a lot we don't do to damage your various shipped goods. Trust me, if you saw what happens to packages at UPS, Fedex,USPS or DHL on a regular basis, you would have a lot more respect for the hardships that a simple cardboard box endures to protect your stuff from us. Trust me, this morning I saw a customer who must have learned the lesson the hard way and had built a steel exoskeleton frame around his or her box so it wouldn't get so damaged, I know that sounds like BS, but it is unfortunately very, very true.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Oh, trust me, I know! My daughter works on the UPS "complaint line". I hear some good stories!

There is just too many packages to move in a small amount of time to give 2 craps.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
    How in the world do you "damage" big chuncks of steel?
    Ha...that was my thought. They emailed me pics, and everything is pretty ugly....I'd like to see a show on the discovery channel about package handling and how in the h*ll you can damage steel bars in a box between Kentucky and Colorado...we'll see what happens!

As long as chicks keep digging scars, life is good.

Bim