Thread: Custom Artwork

Custom Artwork

This was so cool that I just had to share with the VX fam.

I received a package in the mail today that I wasn't expecting, and when I opened it I was surprised to find an original, framed hand drawn picture of my baby.

My dad is a car nut too, and he was poking around on the info site here when he saw WormGod's caricatures. My birthday was coming up and dad thought that it would be neat to have a custom piece of art done for the VX. I think he tried to get a hold of WormGod, but never could so he googled car art, and found a guy in New York (Keith Vogel) who does custom art. Keith had never heard of a VX before so dad pointed him to this site for some inspiration. After some back and forth the final image was decided upon, and now it will find a place of honor in my house. The image came already framed and ready to hang, and there was a CD in the package with the image on it (that's the one attached below).

I don't know what it cost's, but it's a pretty cool gift. It's kinda cool to know that it's the only one of it's kind, and I have the original. I'm not doing a commercial for the guy, but if you want more information you can go to www.DoodlesCustomArtwork.com.

Enjoy.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Very nice, Mark. I'm liking it! Throw up a pic of the piece hung on the wall!!

What a cool gift.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

T H A T I S B A D A S S !

Bart

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Way cool Mark, thanks for sharing.

Inspires me to put large/rally off road lights outside of the driving/fog lights hole. Maybe inset the rear of the light in the stock hole???

Great work looks good.

Now, I'm thinking that would look way cool on a tee shirt. What say, can we put a group order in on this
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Tee Shirt transfer, would this work?
    It's reversed if you want to do one at home if you have a iron, printer and T-shirt transfers. Have it in JPG if you wanted it emailed to you - John

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman
    This was so cool that I just had to share with the VX fam.

I received a package in the mail today that I wasn't expecting, and when I opened it I was surprised to find an original, framed hand drawn picture of my baby.

My dad is a car nut too, and he was poking around on the info site here when he saw WormGod's caricatures. My birthday was coming up and dad thought that it would be neat to have a custom piece of art done for the VX. I think he tried to get a hold of WormGod, but never could so he googled car art, and found a guy in New York (Keith Vogel) who does custom art. Keith had never heard of a VX before so dad pointed him to this site for some inspiration. After some back and forth the final image was decided upon, and now it will find a place of honor in my house. The image came already framed and ready to hang, and there was a CD in the package with the image on it (that's the one attached below).

I don't know what it cost's, but it's a pretty cool gift. It's kinda cool to know that it's the only one of it's kind, and I have the original. I'm not doing a commercial for the guy, but if you want more information you can go to www.DoodlesCustomArtwork.com.

Enjoy.

I recall speaking with your dad.

I pointed him in the direction of Cyrk, since I think he takes artistic credit for the original (or second hand) avatar. I always wondered what had come of that redirection, heh.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Thumbs up

Nice drawing!

Thumbs up

Mark, Your dad put a lot of thought into your gift. Very cool!
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"