Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moab returnees checkin

Talking Moab returnees checkin

We arrived home 9:30 pm Sunday. Good trip with no problems. I was wondering if everyone made it home OK.
    Had a GREAT time. There will be some REALLY good pictures posted, I'm sure.
    A big THANKS to the ZU crew that puts this great event together!
    VX's don't need no stinking mod's.
    But they're sure fun!

Unhappy

Geeze, SPAZZ, it sounds like you had an ordeal (by your other posts). Glad none of it happened in Moab.
    Enjoyed meeting you and we'll see you again!

I made it home about 9:30pm last night. 24 hours straight through, stopping to rest three times at rest stops. I last spoke to Nocturnal and he was in Nebraska at 9:30pm and was getting a room for the night.
    I had a GREAT time! It was great to meet eveyone. Only 361 days until next year.
    Last edited by AnalogVX : 05/19/2003 at 06:52 AM
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Made it home OK. Great to Meet & Wheel with the first timers. Hope to see you all again next year.

Grampa Bob
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

home at last

We made it home around 3:00am this morning. We really didn't leave the Moab area until 3:30pm so I guess we made some good time. We took the morning and some of the afternoon to go in search of cool rocks. We found geods, agate, petrified wood, and a couple of really cool lizzards that kept us entertained.

A few special thanks need to be said...

ZuZoo staff was excellent!
    Trail staff was excellent!
    Scott and Laura... It was a honor meeting you both. You two helped made this a great experience. Thank you!
    Anita.... OMG, girl thanks for sticking with us. The trail getting there was an ordeal in it's self. The drive should have taken 11 hours, and ended up taking 16. We have got to get together soon and talk
    Spazz... Thanks for everything. Thanks for dinner too, it was awesome! Looking forward to wheeling with you soon.
    Larry and Jesper.... Margarita's were awesome, and thanks for putting them right next door to my room..... that was handy
    Granpa Bob... You made this trip that much more special when we ended up on all the same trails It was wonderful wheeling with you, and we should make plans to meet on trails again.

My ONLY gripe goes to ...
    *My decission to edit this long gripe came after I thought about it and realized that everyone there knew the problem*
    Some of the VX's lives became a running soap opera around town. Tone you rule the roost on "As the VX turns". Thanks for the entertainment! Next year I think I'll turn the channel, and stay some place else where it doesn't mater what you drive.

Offensive edit removed - Jeeps are fine just not on the VX only run.
    Tone
    Last edited by Tone : 05/20/2003 at 12:00 PM
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

Re: Moab returnees checkin

I'm back home- isn't it just terribly difficult to leave Moab? I made it out of the campground at 11am and got home at 1am.
    boy, what a difference your own mattress makes, right?

Anyway, it was great seeing all the 2 and 3-timers and great meeting the newbies. Thanks for inviting us up to the Sunset.
    I hope you all had fun- same time next year, I hope to see you there (let's try to break the 20 Vx barrier).

Kammy

Did you guys meet any new VehiCrossers that weren't on the forums already?

Question

AlaskaVX,
    Yep, had a chance encounter with a fellow going thru Moab, when he saw 18 VXs going to run the VX only run. He followed and asked if he could come along and was amazed that we all knew each other.
    Quite a chance meeting!

Just walked in the door - another great Moab event that went way too quickly! Met a lot of fantastic new owners and valuable Moab vets. Can’t wait until next year or maybe Colorado ZooZu in August.

Home Safe

Hi Everyone

Had a great time in Moab, Learned a few more tricks. Great meeting everyone. Got out of moab around 0530 arived tucson 1500. stopped only for food and gas. 620 miles one way.

Thumbs up sweet home Chicago!

I got home @ an hour ago, but I was not in a big hurry to get here. It really is great to be home, but I just watched a slideshow of the pictures I took and miss Moab . Zu Zoo VII !!! The whole week was a blast, and it was very cool hanging with all the Zoids. Special thanks go to Grandpa Bob, Larry, and Jay for the help wrenchin'... thanks to Rich for the company on the way out, and for yanking the elbow off my airbox as soon as we got there... thanks to Tim for letting me check out a lifted VX, and for not killing me for making you keep going left when you really wanted to go right on Tip Toe Through Hell... and thanks to the margarita chefs!!! Thanks to the entire Zu Zoo crowd and most importantly the event staff (from the organizers to the trail leaders, tail gunners, and spotters) for making this an event so awesome! See you next year!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone

Talking

Got home at around 5pm today! Great to be back, but miss Moab, very fun place! Quite the confidence booster for my vx! Nice to meet everyone, hope to see most before next year! Scott and Laura - thanks for the hospitality in Pueblo, come to Austin and we will do the same! Gil and Rich - You guys also need to make a Texas trip, ya'll were a blast glad to have met you both! Grandpa Bob, I want to be just like YOU! You're really an inspiration on how to live a little! Spazz, was nice meeting you too, sorry you had all the trouble with your vx on the way back! And to the fellow texans, Jay, Larry, Tim and Jesper thanks for putting up with my driving on the trip! (no I didn't mean driving ya'll crazy). And to the rest of you that I did not get to meet or did not get to know me, your missin out!! (did I just say that?)
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Smile

Hey, Houston crew. Did you all make it in OK?
    Larry, I want to get the # of the mounts that you had the Thule fairing mounted with. Was the fairing a 32"/
    Thanks,
    Reg

Cool

Reg,
    My roof fairing is a Thule #870 (32 inch), with three horizontal MightyMounts from Isuzu. Works great and no wind noise on the factory Yakima Aero Bars. Does that answer your question?
    It was great to meet you and your wife in Moab.
    Larry
    Larry

I'm home. I arrived Sunday night a little after 11 pm. 1245 miles from the Phillips 66 in Moab to my front door in 19 hours. I really enjoyed the trip and it was good to see you guys. I'm really looking forward to next year.