Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Catalytic Converter

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    While you're looking at this view, consider protecting that little crescent-roll shaped thing on the left. This is your transmission mode switch, and it's a common weak point of the VX. Some people have suggested some extra shielding on the exhaust pipe where it passes by. I personally haven't added any protection, yet, but I've done the switch replacement, and although it wasn't all that difficult, a couple cents worth of prevention probably isn't a bad idea.

I opened up my switch, and although I can't quite see what caused it to fail, blaming it on the heat of the nearby cat can't be too far off.

Thumbs up

Thanks alot for the extra advice. You guys are awesome with additional info like this. It's like having our own shop online, and these days that's priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    While you're looking at this view, consider protecting that little crescent-roll shaped thing on the left. This is your transmission mode switch, and it's a common weak point of the VX. Some people have suggested some extra shielding on the exhaust pipe where it passes by. I personally haven't added any protection, yet, but I've done the switch replacement, and although it wasn't all that difficult, a couple cents worth of prevention probably isn't a bad idea.

I opened up my switch, and although I can't quite see what caused it to fail, blaming it on the heat of the nearby cat can't be too far off.
    You mean like this?

I've had a starboard side converter/Y pipe on order for ages due to torn flex section on mine.

I just received email from Sharff that its finally in stock, so if anyone else needs one, NOW might be a good time to order.

The old converter is going into the scrap, but if someone needs it for a flange or cat, better holler out.

John C.