Thread: It's mine, Its ALL mine!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's mine, Its ALL mine!

Hi, I am Jade from North Texas and I joined here about a week ago. I am quite glad to have found a forum of fellow VXers. I am sure this will be very helpful when I need it.

I found my VX after looking around for a rebuilt Eddie Bauer Bronco II. I had a bronco II several years ago and it was my favorite ride ever, as far as vehicles go. So I was looking in a local auto trader booklet and noticed a vehicle I had never heard of. Curiosity drove me to look it up online. This was the first vehicle my fiance and I agreed that we liked the look of. So we found one in Dallas about 70 miles from us.

After a test drive I was pretty much hooked in spite of my worries and doubts about blind spots. Thankfully I found this forum and read all about how to overcome blind spot problems. The feel of driving it was exactly like driving my Bronco II that I missed so dearly, except it felt much more stable in turns. So I couldn't wait to practice and become a proficient VX driver despite visibility issues.

Well, I paid cash for the truck. About 8200 with tax, title and license. Had to borrow from mom to get that much at once. Then she said not to worry about repaying her. Just think of it as part of an early inheritance. So my BF and I went to Dallas On monday, the day after my birthday, and signed all the papaer work.

Sometimes I just can't believe it is mine. It is such a cool vehicle and in such great shape. We got new, slightly bigger tires yesterday. My mechanic says we need new back brakes but the front ones are new already. And when I have it in for the brakes he will check everything else. He's an honest guy who I have known for years so I trust him with it.

This will be the first vehicle I have cared as much about as one SHOULD care for a vehicle. And really the best one to ever deserve it. Six of my 8 vehicles barely deserved to be driven, heheh. So you can see why I feel so excited about my new wheels.

Here are a few pics from the listing before I bought it. Nothing fancy. Just a normal '99 black. But you can almost tell how clean it is inside.

Last edited by TexVeX : 05/16/2007 at 05:11 AM