Thread: Floor Mat Woes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Floor Mat Woes

I found out in one day that those $30 NOS floor mats are crappy. Less than 24 hours and pieces were already crumbling off the rubber. Too bad because the Red and black ones I got were so cool looking in the v-cross with my red and black interior.

Now I am disappointed and hung up on having cool looking red and black floor mats, but want better quality. I already took back the NOS ones from O'Reilly auto parts. I need tips now on finding something I will be satisfied with which will also be durable. Does anyone know if the Racing brand is just as bad? Or if you know of a good brand that makes really cool looking red and black, let me know. I want more than just a couple red stripes on the black.

I can't believe I am so hung up on this, but I just googled for over an hour and found nothing I liked excpt Red Racing Street Fighter design. But it looked like it might be as bad in quality as those NOS ones I got yesterday.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Nice, but not red and black. Like I said, I am irrationally hung up on that now till I can get it out of my head, which might not happen. I am thinking hard right now on how I could possibly put a design on a black carpet one or something, but I dunno. I may go back and buy the cheapo ones I liked and just replace them when they wear out.

best floor mats are from a scion tc, i have those installed in mine, fits perfect, are very strong, looks awsome, they are carpet with alot of rubber but if u want to go camping or offroading, u simply take off the carpet and they turn all rubber for offroad wet use, if u are planing to go in and out of ur VX.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Ditto on the Weathertech mats. They are very durable and help with sound deadening. Maybe they can do a custom set with red...might be worth a phone call...

Henry

I got mine from wally world! and they are great,all black rubber,one inch deep,and completely able to contain all the liquid that might get on the floor and only like 8 bucks ea.