Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Oregon/Washington Mini Meet Anyone?

Oregon/Washington Mini Meet Anyone?

If anyone is interested we have a car show going on in Newberg Oregon on June 16th. I've typically taken my 73 Challenger, but this year I've got a new toy (My VX of course) and thought some of you would like to show up as well (Really giv'em something to see!). We've been putting this on for quite a few years and it draws a lot of cars and people, we even have most of the bugs worked out so everything seems to go pretty smooth.

Did I mention Free food! Tube Steaks if you can call that food So, come and see even if you don't enter your rig (Entry's like 5bucks and included a Dash plack, Door Prizes, Awards, ...)

It looks like they don't have the new flyer up yet, but here's the link to last years event (It just says the wrong day, so remember it's actually SATURDAY the 16th!!!)
    http://www.newbergcc.org/MensMinistr...6FlyerLong.pdf

Everyone is welcome, Anyone interested?
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!

Dude, that sounds great!

Just one problem: I want to see your VX AND your '73 Challenger! I wouldn't mind driving that beast...can you get a second driver to bring the Dodge to the meet?

I even have that Saturday open, which is strange for a wedding photographer.

I may have to visit Fabulous Newberg: "Gateway to Yamhill!"
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    Dude, that sounds great!

Just one problem: I want to see your VX AND your '73 Challenger! I wouldn't mind driving that beast...can you get a second driver to bring the Dodge to the meet?

I even have that Saturday open, which is strange for a wedding photographer.

I may have to visit Fabulous Newberg: "Gateway to Yamhill!"
    Great to hear you have that weekend open. As for the Challenger - I was thinking about that and... Yeah, the Dodge'll probably make it. It hasn't even been out of the garage yet this year. (Don't get wwwaaaayyy to excited, cuz it's not all that perfect, but a Petty Blue, 340, pistol grip 4speed, Rally car is cool anyway)

Bump

I sent a PM to a couple of you around town. Hope they got to you (With the site going down and all).

Hey Eric, Mapquest says 2 hour and 22 minutes from Olympia, 138 miles.

I'm game. Techy, what time is the show and what time would we need to be there so we can set up together?
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    Hey Eric, Mapquest says 2 hour and 22 minutes from Olympia, 138 miles.

I'm game. Techy, what time is the show and what time would we need to be there so we can set up together?
    I verified that things are the same as last year. (That's why I didn't get back to ya right away)
    Show up about 10:00, that gives about an hour+ or so before the crowd start showing up (Gives us time to get setup, signed up,...). If we know you are coming, but a little later, I'll leave space for ya, so we can have our rigs together.
    It officially starts at 12:00noon, and goes till 4:00.
    We could probably go grab some Pizza or something afterwards if you guys are not in to much of a hurry to head back.
    I'm getting excited already!

Any other Oregon VXers going to this meet? I'm heading down that way on Friday the 15th, to spend the day (and night) in Portland. Then I'll visit Newberg the next morning.

It would be great to see some other northwest vehicross.info members!

Hey Eric, great to see you at Tula's 5/30/7. Might have to come back and see Greta again in June. man that lady can do scat. Anyway, am pretty sure I will do the same, but if she who must be obayed also comes, won't be able to get to Portland till 8'ish.

If you get to Portland late, we can always meet for dinner somewhere. During the day I usually just hit the stores and the bakeries...Hawthorne District, Pearl District, 23rd Street...you know. Watch the bums, visit a pub, take the dogs to the park.

I wish I needed something expensive, so I could buy it there and not pay sales tax.

Sorry, I'm commited to being in Newport on this day, Thu and Fri too.
    Now if it was Sunday, I could make it.

Dang it, Bulldoggie...how tough can it be to change the "Port" to "Berg?"

Hopefully I can meet you at the NEXT meetup!

Man this means I have to detail the VX

I'll be there!

I'll pass this on to the rest of the North Valley Cruzzers and see if some of my friends will show up.

Hey Techy, looks like your going to have to scope out a section of this place, maybe with some big boulders and mud holes or something.

Also, if there is any interest, there is Capital Lakefair here in Olympia on the 20th of July. It is a open show, street dance, free concerts and fair rides, and many food stands. Here is a link to it.

http://www.lakefair.org/2007_Car_Show.htm
    Last edited by rowhard : 06/03/2007 at 10:03 AM Reason: add something

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    Hey Techy, looks like your going to have to scope out a section of this place, maybe with some big boulders and mud holes or something.
    Ha, I'm not shure they would "DIG" that, so I guess ya gotta bring your own boulder. 8^)

JAFO - It'll be great to see ya again - I gotta detail mine as well... Details, Details! 8^) Oh, and yeah bring some of the Cruzzers! (If theres going to be a bunch of you, let me know or call Rick (he's on the flyer I think), so they'll have a rough headcount)

Bulldoggie - You can put it on the calendar for next year! I'm sure we'll all get connected someday. (I still think you should be able to do that little "Port" & "Berg" switch - It sounds really easy) 8^)

only about 80mi. between port > berg.
    If it wasn't work related, I would be in berg.
    Jafo didn't see that I saw him last week in Corvallis. That's 3 times I've seen his rig without meeting.
    Techy; did you get your window problem taken care of?
    I do travel to Portland alot, it would be a small detour to Newberg.