Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pcv

berries -n- cream & PCV

I recently did an oil change & replaced the PCV. I gave the old one the "rattle test" and it sounded almost as good as the new one but I replaced it anyway.

I just checked the old one and now that it is cooler it does not rattle at all.

So I would recommend you replace the PCV even if it seems to pass the rattle test.

I have been using the FRAM FV384 is there a better one?
    Last edited by VXR : 06/02/2007 at 04:52 PM

I have used both the FRAM and the Deutsch PCV valves. I personally do not notice a difference.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by VXR
    I recently did an oil change & replaced the PCV. I gave the old one the "rattle test" and it sounded almost as good as the new one but I replaced it anyway.

I just checked the old one and now that it is cooler it does not rattle at all.

So I would recommend you replace the PCV even if it seems to pass the rattle test.

I have been using the FRAM FV384 is there a better one?

After Y'all scared the BeeJeebees out of me on the PCV, I went out and checked mine. It didn't rattle but was clean as a whistle. It still works though because it's just a very simple check valve. I could only get air through in one direction.

If it makes you feel better to replace it if it don't rattle then by all means do so (they are cheap). I prefer to just keep mine clean and make sure it's working properly.

CAUTION: after cleaning it, dry it well before you start blowing into it. Brake cleaner tastes really bad and will burn your eyes pretty bad. (I'm being sarcastic - don't stick things into your mouth after taking them off of your car).

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

My favorite is Purolator # PV-1061.

It's the type with a brass cylinder inside, instead of a spring & ball.

I like em' because you can clean em' out with carb cleaner & re-use them a couple of times.

Also easier to pass/fail with the "rattle test", as they rattle mort distinctly than the spring & ball type.

My two centavos...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    My favorite is Purolator # PV-1061.

It's the type with a brass cylinder inside, instead of a spring & ball.

I like em' because you can clean em' out with carb cleaner & re-use them a couple of times.

Also easier to pass/fail with the "rattle test", as they rattle mort distinctly than the spring & ball type.

My two centavos...
    Who sells the purolator ldub?

I can't remember which it was...Advance Auto or Auto Zone, but it was one of the two.

i get my purolators from advance auto

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Yeah, AutoZone carries the Deutsch brand. We don't have Advance Auto out here in Reno, at least not that I know of.

Bart

PS: LDUB, who said it was your turn to have a disturbing avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    i get my purolators from advance auto

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    PS: LDUB, who said it was your turn to have a disturbing avatar?
    Bill Bradsky...

Ldub, what the heck IS your avatar?
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Talking

Bill Bradsky...
    ROTFLMAO!!! LITERALLY!

"Bill Bradsky has a three legged, -retentive marmoset so big, it ate its way through a seven mile row of pancake-filled doghouses while the relative humidity in Panama was 87%. "

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    Ldub, what the heck IS your avatar?
    It is a guy (sort of ) from a commercial advertising something that's "berries & cream".
    I can't remembr what the product was...breath mints or something, but he was suitably freakish to be used as an avatar.

VXR, sorry for the thread jack.

Oh, I see. At first I thought it was you as a teenager.

Bart

It is a guy (sort of ) from a commercial advertising something that's "berries & cream".
    I can't remembr what the product was...breath mints or something, but he was suitably freakish to be used as an avatar.

I......see.

Well, I'd be the LAST person to engage in a thread-jack, normally. But in my opinion, the only thing weirder than using THAT as an avatar would be searching YouTube for the actual commercial. So I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPFyoEpGVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik8xp...elated&search=

And just for Ldub: the remixed version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hWsm...elated&search=

OK, that is freakish. Were these commercials really on US TV? I don't watch TV so I don't know....

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    I......see.

Well, I'd be the LAST person to engage in a thread-jack, normally. But in my opinion, the only thing weirder than using THAT as an avatar would be searching YouTube for the actual commercial. So I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPFyoEpGVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik8xp...elated&search=

And just for Ldub: the remixed version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hWsm...elated&search=