Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: magnetic bra

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

magnetic bra

ive been in contact with Bob Lefevre of magnetbra.com about getting a magnetic bra made for the VX, he said that he has a design for it that has not been tested for a perfect fit, he said if any trimming is needed, it will be less than 1/8" and able to be done with scissors.. he also said a discount may be available on a group buy, depending on the size of the group, retail is $50 plus $10 shipping, but that $10 will cover shipping of up to 3 bras.. anyone interested? here is a pic he sent me...
    Last edited by etlsport : 05/31/2007 at 07:58 PM

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

I like it ALOT!!!!
    now, the question......what kind of price are we looking at???
    it would be nice if there were little "triangles" to go from headlights down the side to the cladding, but cant have everything.
    i wonder if the lower leading edge has a "hooked edge" to hook under the front of the hood, or is it just a str8 edge.
    anyway, i think that what is in the picture looks great.
    i would be interested if the price is close to right..........
    david

here is what he sent me about pricing...

"The retail price of the bra is $49.95 and shipping is $10.95. I can ship up to three bras together for no additional shipping charge (to US addresses). If you were to organize a group buy I could discount the bras. The size of the discount would depend on the number of orders. Orders received by 11:00 AM Pacific time are shipped the same day and shipping time is about 3 days. Regarding trimming the bras, it may not even be necessary. I just haven't had a chance to check it."

im sure if i (we) asked about those triangles he would either try to make one, or sell some of the material so we could make one..

the reason i want it is that i dont really like the look of a bra.. but want the protection of it, so during long trips (once every 2-3 weeks for me) i can slap it on to protect and during offroad outings as well
    Last edited by etlsport : 05/31/2007 at 11:19 PM

Thumbs up

I would be willing to get one as the price seems fair and shipping is also fair.
    I also like what Bim did with his spray-on bra, looks sharp. Let me know when we need to place an order, hopefully next week (next paycheck). Thanks

Hey Bra...nice find!

If it FITS, I could be persuaded to join in on the group buy. My old '99 already has a few rock chips, so I could now

1) hide them behind the bra, and
    2) prevent NEW dings.

Um...if it FITS.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    the reason i want it is that i dont really like the look of a bra.. but want the protection of it, so during long trips (once every 2-3 weeks for me) i can slap it on to protect and during offroad outings as well
    For ~$50/60, hopefully less...and for the same purpose you mention, I would most likely get one.

I would prefer one of these on my VX....

Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Quote Originally Posted by WormGod
    I would prefer one of these on my VX....

What? We already have a pic of Cece posing on top of her VX.

She's pretty AND owns a VX AND has a personality AND owns a VX...
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    What? We already have a pic of Cece posing on top of her VX.

She's pretty AND owns a VX AND has a personality AND owns a VX...

I will take the roof over the hood any day!!! lol and the dress only comes in black! tee hee!

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    It's a good thing you weigh less than 110 lbs

Oh, and did I mention, AND own a VX?

Just now got on to see the pics. Wow! That black magnetic bra looks awesome on the kaiser silver. I am sure that if it does not blend in perfectly with my black (but I expect it will) then it will still look great.
    Put me down for one in black.

Y33TREKker, cool Seinfeld reference. I vote for bro. I think from now on I'll call bras on men's vehicles a bro rather than a bra. heheh
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

So this past weekend I saw Ascinder's magnetic bra. I was on the fence about it until then. It looks really good and looks like it will really help deflect the asteroid belt out here. So I think need one now...

Bart

chances are the bubbles are coming from when you put the trim around the bottom... i noticed when installing spike's that when we would push the trim on, it would bunch the bottom of the bra up some and cause bubbles.. if you can get a second person to help you install it, have them hold the bra flat while you put the trim on, other than that, try to install it after you have been driving for a little while so your hood is nice and warm, that will help the bra mold to your hood

just a friendly reminder.... wax your hood before installation! i would recommend using a "real" wax (as opposed to ice or another liquid synthetic wax) to help protect the hood in the event of a small bit of water or dust getting under the bra

I noticed the bra bunching when I put the trim on but I thought I had gotten it all flat.

Let's see - who don't I like - it was pushing 100 degrees when I put it on so the bra was probably about 160 degrees - blisters anyone.

ETLSPORT - I'll be up your way this weekend to visit the Franklin Institute for the King Tut exhibit. Unfortunately I won't be driving the VX (too many people, so driving the TLC). One day I'll get it up there with it so we can compare notes.