Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: magnetic bra

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaVX
    I am curious though, does the back of the mag. bra have any "felty, or soft" backing to it? or is it just bare magnet sheet???
    I'd also be interested to know the type of material used. In that picture, what is the border on the leading edge made of, and would that be part of this product, or was that a picture of someone elses personal project?

It is the same magnetic material that is used for the signs that are placed on their car doors.The trim is like the windlace on the interior trim along the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by 1CROSS
    It is the same magnetic material that is used for the signs that are placed on their car doors.The trim is like the windlace on the interior trim along the doors.
    Is the trim piece necessary, ie; does it secure the bra by clipping under the leading edge of the hood, and/or disguise what would be an otherwise unappealing cut of the magnetic material?

Being it's a long magnetic sheet it would probably just lay in place.You might be able to use it without the trim.The trim is a piece of flexible plastic to keep the air from trying to lift it up at highway speed.

I am also a bit concerned about it scratching the paint underneath. If it works to where the paint is not affected and/or the bra does not shift during highway driving or bumpy/off-road, then...

I'm down for purchasing one in a group buy.

This LOOKS awesome!! Great find!

I'll just wait to hear how yours goes first then decide with the others on the group buy.
    ---------

Ty

There's no way of the paint getting scratched underneath because the magnetic material just lays there.It doesn't flap around like a normal bra does at highway speeds.

yeah there is a guarantee on their website.....

In addition to our 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee, Monsoon Products Co. guarantees for a period of one year that the magnetic car bra will not damage your paint through oxidation caused by trapped moisture, or abrasion caused by flutter or flapping. The guarantee does not cover damage caused by intentional misuse or failing to follow the instructions on installation, maintenance and care.

i asked him about maintenance.. he said once a month to remove it and wipe down with water under the bra and that was it

i have a good feeling about this... and even if it doesnt work out like i hope... the amazing customer service this guy offers is worth the money i spent on the bra... ive sent him about 6 emails... including a couple at 10pm or later... i dont think ive gone more than 4 hours without getting a response from him.. i placed my order, within 3 hours of sending my payment, he emailed back saying to expect the bra in 3-4 days
    Last edited by etlsport : 06/02/2007 at 08:11 AM

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    i asked him about maintenance.. he said once a month to remove it and wipe down with water under the bra and that was it
    With the way my car gets bombed by birds and ash tree seeds... Might be more often than that!

ive sent him about 6 emails... including a couple at 10pm or later... i dont think ive gone more than 4 hours without getting a response from him.. i placed my order, within 3 hours of sending my payment, he emailed back saying to expect the bra in 3-4 days
    Sounds like he is tethered to his Treo or BlackBerry ... he was probably out to dinner at that point in time...
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

ETL,

Great! Sounds good to me. Count me IN on a group buy. Let me know how to proceed when everyone else is ready.

So far I am now on a group buy for this item and the clear front side lenses.

Thanks !!

Looks great! I would also be interested in the group buy package.

Wonder if he can do them in colors to match the paint?

Henry

I bought a magnet bra for my GF's 2000 Echo,her sons fiance's Camry with no problems.The Echo got totaled though.She bought another 2003 Echo and put another magnet bra on.The only one thing that you have to be careful with when using this bra.If you just had your hood painted,wait for about 6 months so that the chemicals in the paint will evaporate completely.Put a good coat of wax on.You're then ready to put the bra on.Roll it out out in the sun so it's alot more flexible and easy to work with(DON'T BEND IT).Lay it out on the hood and smooth out any air bubbles.If it needs trimmed any you can use an ex-acto knife and trim it on the hood.That way you get an exact fit.Be careful not to dig into the edge of you hood when doing this.Put your trim on if you want sit back crack open a beer and enjoy the new look.

you can order them in white or black.. i think i remember seeing their "new" material is paintable, but they dont do it as far as i know

Thumbs up

I'm in if they look as good in person as in the photo. Let us know what you think when you get yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

I am interested....hmmmmm decisions decisions.....

Thumbs up

Yep......I'm really interested. Tell me your opinion when you get yours and if you love it............I'm in!
    Thanks for doing the leg work on this.
    OPeace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"