Thread: Colorado 'Zu IX

Colorado 'Zu IX

Hello all,

It's that time again. We will be having our ninth annual gathering of Isuzu Enthusiasts in Colorado this year, coming in August.

WHAT: Colorado 'Zu IX
    WHEN: August 9-12, 2007
    WHERE: Buena Vista, CO @ KOA Kampground
    WHO: Isuzu Enthusiasts and friends (regardless of make)

Mark your calendars and plan to join us for an extended weekend of trails within the Buena Vista area.
    The trails range from mild to wild, and a good time is certain to be had by all.
    For those of you with families that aren't into riding the trails, Buena Vista area has a lot to offer in other activities.

Some examples of trails:
    Mosquito Pass
    Tincup Pass
    Hancock/Tomichi Pass
    Mt Princeton
    Iron Chest
    Grizzly Lake
    Chinaman Gulch
    Carnage Canyon
    Holy Cross City
    KOA Kanyon
    and many more trails can be travelled within the area.

Buena Vista Information

Please shoot us an email or reply so we can know how many group sites to plan for, and numbers to expect.
    I do believe we are working to get up an informational web page published, and I will edit this post once that occurs.

My email:
    locomigo@comcast.net

Feel free to reply, or email with any questions and I will do my best to answer and/or find an answer for you.

Take care and see you all soon!
    Keith

Arg. First week of school at USAFA.

Thankfully, I will get an opportunity to check some of these places out in July.
    Fuzzy
    2001 Proton #1413
    Kaneohe, HI

Ya know, you dont have to wait to go out with us. I have thrown out DOZENS of offers, invites and such over the years. 90% of better, they go unanswered.

yall are welcome to join us anytime. probably best to get on the Trailseeker discussion group so you are apprised of the frequency that we gather.

www.trailseeker.com then go to the bottom of the page and hit that link, or go out to yahoo and search the groups link for "trailseekers".

Hope to see some of you out and about this year.

Back to the topic at hand here: CO'ZuIX. Who's coming? Post up!

Well, I'll probably be in Leadville the previous weekend (Boom Days)... and I'm hoping to get in some camping up Empire Gulch throughout the summer... I'm not sure I can make a destination of it, but I might be able to work in a chance to at least drop by.

Would like to join you guys in Buena Vista to prove to my wife that I'm not the only person on the earth that loves the Vehicross.

Probably arrive late Friday evening and stay until Sunday. I'll be in a tent.

Please let me know the details and where everybody is going to be. Thanks for validating my feelings about the Vehicross.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Last year was fun, and way more challenging than Moab IMHO. I've given this thought, but not sure yet (dates are pending...)

so - are you the current owner of the now infamous 'pearl white' vx? (only one in that color.)

-biju

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Thumbs up

Rollingmoss, you would be the guy with the one and ONLY pearl white VX right?

Very cool......I know it's just a shade different but it's the one and ONLY one shade different.

Take a lot of pics for us.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

That would be me... I didn't realize that the Pearl White Vehicross was infamous. Has it's reputation preceeded me? I am the original owner and I don't drive it very often except in the winter. Has about 55K on the clock. Never been off road, I hope some of you guys can show us what we're missing. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Talking

Rollingmoss, Nocturnalvx and I say that you off roading is against the rules... It will be stored under a tarp, in a climate comtrolled warehouse...while you drive either of ours to ensure the safety of your precious pearly white!!!! AND POST PICTURES DANG IT!!!!

Did you not know that you drive one of one while we all drive like one of hundreds??
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    wow. i can't tell you how much i would NOT take her off road, and how much i WOULD shell out to restore/baby/pamper/show a one-of-a-kind VX.

alas, have fun with her.

p.s. - i'm up in longmont quite often. we should hook up for lunch?

-biju.

I'm afraid I'm a moron about this internet communication stuff. Haven't even got a digital camera (still hung up on medium format). I'll see what I can do about posting photos soon.

I work at Greeley Harley-Davidson during the week, but maybe something on the weekends?

Holy Cow!!

locomigo, sorry for the thread jack, but THE pearl white VX has been located (maybe we should break this off into another thread so everyone can jump up and down for joy)

rollingmoss, as you can see many of us are obsessed about our little vehicles, and yours in particular. There was always talk of a pearl white VX, but the myth was never confirmed. It's like spotting Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster....it really does exist. Congratulations on owning the rarest of an already rare vehicle. I was iffy about heading to CoZu, but if you will be there I will definitely plan to make it. We'll be sure to show your wife that you aren't strange at all (at least to us) when it comes to the VX.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Thumbs up Have fun!

Wish I could join y'all at Co 'Zu, but I have to do "grown up" things like work. Have a great time, and rollingmoss keep that 1 of 1 VX safe!!!

~ Gill (owner of 1 of 226 VXes)
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Quote Originally Posted by biju
    wow. i can't tell you how much i would NOT take her off road, and how much i WOULD shell out to restore/baby/pamper/show a one-of-a-kind VX.

alas, have fun with her.

p.s. - i'm up in longmont quite often. we should hook up for lunch?

-biju.
    Its only paint!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)