After researching this site about what you all think of these tires I was pretty set today to purchase them. THEN the boyfriend called down to the tire place where we would get them and the guy told him how he used to have them on his truck and went on about how awful they were....SO I was a tad pissed and came up with some questions.

1. How truly bad are they on the hwy? Tons of road noise?

2. Do they make the ride extremely uncomfortable? I understand with putting bigger and more offroading tires in place of stock tires will be quite a difference but the guy made it seem like they absolutely suck.

3. Are they bad in the snow/rain? Or do they provide mad traction?

I was looking more at the 255/55 18s but it looks like the ones to get after researching were the 285/60 18s. Now since I will have to mod the VX to get them to fit...will it be easier to just get other smaller tires?
AND I guess lastly does the price of 168 a tire sound pretty normal for these?

Any input would be incredibly helpful as I thought for sure I had found the tires for the everyday improving VX. Damn that tire guy!! I just need to give reassurance to my bf so he thinks the way I do about this type of tire and we go into it knowing we made a good choice. But like I said, I have read all threads on this site for these tires but I guess Id try and see if there is something about them that is bad that I am missing. THANKS GUYS AND GALS!!