A lot of good stuff was brought up. I can't remember if the 35 MPH speed limit in the construction was black on white, or black on orange. I'm inclined to say it is black on orange. And about showing up to court really dressed up, that was me. I was the best dressed person in that court room, aside from the judge and prosecutor (whom i didn't have to deal with, i just dealt with the judge). Would you beleive there were people there dressed in beer slogan T-shirts??!! I thought it was simply something that you do when you have a court appearance-dress really nice. I guess the other people there didn't get the memo. there were about 15 other people there for the same violation i had. most, like me, pleaded guilty, but some others pleaded innocent. I did have a discussion with the judge about how i was moving with traffic and about the red car that was tail-gating me. He listened, but ultimately i got the fine for what the cop wrote out, plus 30 bucks for the court. The fine was doubled because it was a construction zone. I don't know...reading what everyone posted here, i am beginning to think i should have fought it. Like i said, it was my first speeding ticket..and there seems to be a lot of other factors that could have been in consideration. thanks.