Both versions seem to have their own mistique. The old mirror version seemed to give the VX a "spooky mysterious" look which I found somewhat cool looking.

One thing I discovered about "mirrored" tint is that never to put any kind of decal on the exterior of the glass. This prevents the sun from naturally fading the mirror tint as a whole, and when you remove the exterior decal there will be a "ghosted image" of the former decal (not good).

The previous owner of my VX had mirror tint put on the rear-quarter windows. Then, when he was trying to sell the VX, he had custom-made "For Sale" decals made and stuck them on the rear-quarter mirrored windows in an effort to advertise as he was driving around. Upon removal of the exterior "For Sale" decals, there is a ghosted image burned-in by the Sun's ultraviolet rays. To the untrained eye it is hard to see; but in the right light and at the right angle, the ghosted image can be plainly seen (very irritating).

I do like "colored" mirror tint that augments the vehicle's paint color. Yellow/Gold Mirror for Proton, Green Mirror for Dragon, Red Mirror for Firefox, Graduated Black Mirror for Ebony, etc. This seems to be a cool effect, along with color-coordinated wheels on the same theme.