Thread: To re-tint or not to re-tint????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They removed the stock tint and did the rear 5 windows for $115 for me.

That's a shot of mine for comaprison. My VX had the tint job already when I bought so I don't know of a cost. It's a NICE tint job though and it has the windshield strip.
    It will look a whole lot nicer in a couple weeks too, with my new black wheels!

Thats exactally what I needed to see. Even better would be a pic with the new wheels. I am thinking about getting some new all black ones. Not sure which ones or how big. But I do know I want more aggresive of a tire.

Here's another black tinted shot. I don't know how dark it is since it was tinted when I got it, not quite limo for sure,but it is like yours: lifted and with more aggressive tires. Not everyone is a fan of the rims, but I love 'em.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Almost two years later............

I finally got a tj (tint job).

$300 bucks later - I could not be happier.

I will post pictures are some point. It looks hella better.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Almost two years later............

I finally got a tj (tint job).

$300 bucks later - I could not be happier.

I will post pictures are some point. It looks hella better.
    I need to re-do my tint. I've made a real mess of it over the last year or so hauling stuff in my VX.

Bart

Both versions seem to have their own mistique. The old mirror version seemed to give the VX a "spooky mysterious" look which I found somewhat cool looking.

One thing I discovered about "mirrored" tint is that never to put any kind of decal on the exterior of the glass. This prevents the sun from naturally fading the mirror tint as a whole, and when you remove the exterior decal there will be a "ghosted image" of the former decal (not good).

The previous owner of my VX had mirror tint put on the rear-quarter windows. Then, when he was trying to sell the VX, he had custom-made "For Sale" decals made and stuck them on the rear-quarter mirrored windows in an effort to advertise as he was driving around. Upon removal of the exterior "For Sale" decals, there is a ghosted image burned-in by the Sun's ultraviolet rays. To the untrained eye it is hard to see; but in the right light and at the right angle, the ghosted image can be plainly seen (very irritating).

I do like "colored" mirror tint that augments the vehicle's paint color. Yellow/Gold Mirror for Proton, Green Mirror for Dragon, Red Mirror for Firefox, Graduated Black Mirror for Ebony, etc. This seems to be a cool effect, along with color-coordinated wheels on the same theme.

I'll also go for the black limo tint my friend,i guess all of us can't be mistaken.

I though about the mirror looking when i made my mind to tint my windows,but didn't like how it looked.
    Dakar was just the begining.