Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To re-tint or not to re-tint????

To re-tint or not to re-tint????

Need some opinions. I never have been a fan of the mirror tint untill I bought this VX with it on already. It has grown on me. But on the other hand I really dig the black/white contrast and this throws it off a bit.

So I have been thinking of stripping the mirror tint and re-tinting it with limo tint to give more of that contrast and to match the black border on the rear windows.

But I thought I would ask for your opinion OR if anyone out there could photoshop it for me so I can get a better picture of what it would look like.

Here are a few pics. Old ones though

I could not get the second image to insert in large original format.

If anyone has the time a photoshop version of limo tint would be nice.....

You don't need a Photoshop version, really. Just go with black limo tint. Not only will it look a MILLION times better on your B&W Ironman, but I never liked mirrored tint anyway.

Just my opinion.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    re-tint. JMO.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

I vote for the black tint, it hides the black borders around the windows for a solid look.
    I had mine replaced and removing the old tint is easy if they steam them.

What Bulldoggie said!

I forgot to mention those black window borders, and IMO the profile looks a lot smoother w/o those black borders.

Yeah that is what has bugged me the most.

Since this picture I have taken off those rubber caps on the edge of the door seen in the picture as a black line at the seam.
    Also I forgot to look more closely in the gallery but does everyone else have pin stripes?? something else the original owner did.

nope, no standard pinstripes.. id like a nice one thouugh... i agree with everyone else here as well.. ditch the mirror tint and go with the limo tint!

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Its an odd mirror tint. It only looks like above when the sun is shining on it. Otherwise it looks charcoal. Yeah Im going to ditch it I want more black/white contrast. Just wonder how much an unstall install job will be. Plus I need the bar on the windsheild too.

Since this pic I have also put back on the 20's, painted the grill white, got VXR in there, painted the screws metallic silver....and thinking about ditching the 3.5L

They removed the stock tint and did the rear 5 windows for $115 for me.

That's a shot of mine for comaprison. My VX had the tint job already when I bought so I don't know of a cost. It's a NICE tint job though and it has the windshield strip.
    It will look a whole lot nicer in a couple weeks too, with my new black wheels!

Thats exactally what I needed to see. Even better would be a pic with the new wheels. I am thinking about getting some new all black ones. Not sure which ones or how big. But I do know I want more aggresive of a tire.

Here's another black tinted shot. I don't know how dark it is since it was tinted when I got it, not quite limo for sure,but it is like yours: lifted and with more aggressive tires. Not everyone is a fan of the rims, but I love 'em.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Almost two years later............

I finally got a tj (tint job).

$300 bucks later - I could not be happier.

I will post pictures are some point. It looks hella better.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Almost two years later............

I finally got a tj (tint job).

$300 bucks later - I could not be happier.

I will post pictures are some point. It looks hella better.
    I need to re-do my tint. I've made a real mess of it over the last year or so hauling stuff in my VX.

Bart