Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone else miss J.B. and Coastie ?

anyone else miss J.B. and Coastie ?

I just don't think Joe likes us any more... I miss decoding Coastie's posts. I hope to meet him one of these days. Gotta get a Central Fla. meet together...before they try to turn him into cannon fodder

I'm pretty sure Costie is...um..."busy" with his new bride, isn't he?

I could be mistaken, but I thought he was getting married. And had posted a photo of his fiancée.

I mean, the VX is curvy, and handles like a dream...but I think the man has his priorities straight!

OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

OK, yeah, so what's Joe's excuse? I really hope he comes out with a boat load of photos of his Rally VX along with some sweet offroad stories...

Bart

Coastie is in bootcamp, he left about a week ago.

lol i think joe is busy.. last i heard he was under construction of a new garage facility...

lol costie is in cape may nj running miles and miles every morning with the rest of the coast guard recruits... sometime in the next couple weeks i plan on driving out there and making sure to drive down the street while they are doing their morning run down the main road in cape may.. i have no idea what he looks like but i figure he will be the one who falls out of formation when i drive by in the VX haha

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

I don't miss Coastie...His comments to ROWHARD... Uncalled for

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567
    Man, u took it hard, and personal, chill the F*^& out. i was just saying thats way 2 much for old stuff. but thats what i think. u are almost 60 years old and u need to grow the F&%^ Up man, gosh i thought in life many would learn to take advise or some1's openion espacally after being here on the planet for 60 years, if you don't like what i said just brush it off, So Just Chill out, "OK BRO " Actually I'm sorry, heres a Flower for you , I hope that will cheer you up .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Exchanged several emails with Joe tonight - I'll ping him that he's being missed - busy as a beaver, that rascal is....

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyapollo
    busy as a beaver, that rascal is....
    Yes, yes... Very true and all too accurate, although for the time being I ain't going any where or getting ANYTHING else. The drama of the flipped CUCV has come to a temporary close with the truck finally making it here after a 12-hour tow from Atlanta a couple weeks ago. 45MPH top speed for 470 miles makes you VERY appreciative of satellite radio.

As etlsport mentioned I am involved in getting my first shop building up and am busy getting updated plans and re-permitting the changes. Fun fun! The rally VX is awaiting about 100' of tube for the cage and a new radiator, but is completely gutted on the inside and significantly lighter now. There are a few more body sections that are unnecessary that will be removed soon too, I've got some pics I'll link up in the "Rally Beast" thread.

Been busy with my Caterpillar and HCEA (Historical Construction Equipment Association) duties as I was recently elected chapter president, much to my dismay. "Railroaded" I think they call it! Got to play on a bunch of old yellow iron (and some new stuff too) and hob-knob with a bunch of like-minded folk at our annual get-together this past May in Kansas on the Potawatomie Indian reservation.

Also busy shifting my "inventory" around as I somehow keep accumulating large things. The squished CUCV and a recently acquired Austin Champ have to be moved along with two more diesel Mercedes to my holding area, which is a challenge since I'm without a car trailer after the CUCV mishap. I also recently came into ownership of a 50-ton lowboy but thinks likely a bit overkill, plus it hasn't been delivered yet (see, someone is bringing it to me, I'm not going to get it!)

And to top it all off we're working to get rallycross going again in my area courtesy of a friend with some acreage in the area that's zoned commercial. Although I have to wait to get the lowboy before I can move my heavy equipment to his place to start laying out the course.

So I haven't forgotten my dear VX family, just my own VX activities have been curtailed by circumstance. Not to mention that my IronMan has been in my shop for over a month for new brake rotors and pads all the way 'round. St. Charles sent me knuckle bearings instead of wheel bearings, so that set me back a little time-wise. Taking plenty of pics for a full how-to on my VX site when done, and I'll update with an on-going review of the PowerSlot Frozen Rotors and Axxis Ultimate pads.

On the window fix project (I just know someone was going to ask) I managed to get my home garage cleaned out so I could use the tooling we purchased for the project, but then had to move our three motorcycles here due to storage issues. I'm trying to work out the space so I can get on the tools and also work on the bikes too, so that's a source of frustration right now. Might have to go visit Chopper to see about getting one of 'em painted!

Anyway, more time is on the immediate horizon and I'm just all kinds of happy about that!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

VFan remember to read the whole thread on the one you pasted from. It is all good now, just some misunderstanding. And it truly did seem like most of his posts were being brushed off as non-sense and a few were being a little to openly harsh with him being a new comer. That is why i took my time to reply to most everyone of his post to make him feel welcomed and so at least some of his questions can be answered. So, V look back at his timeline and really put yourself in his shoe's you would feel like an outcast trying hard to fit in.

Can't we all just get along....???!!!

Joe, that sucks about the CUCV. I gotta couple cabs in Wyoming...
    I am not sure if I missed a post somewhere about how the roll over happened... care to elaborate or throw me a link?
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan
    I don't miss Coastie...His comments to ROWHARD... Uncalled for
    Wow, I had no idea. That's harsh. John's a great guy...I've met him personally. Nobody in this forum deserves that kind of disrespect, but that goes double for John.

Who needed to grow up, again?

Ta Mate
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    [i]Joe, that sucks about the CUCV. I gotta couple cabs in Wyoming...
    I am not sure if I missed a post somewhere about how the roll over happened... care to elaborate or throw me a link?
    Well, one tragedy led to a bunch of opportunity. The upside is that insurance totalled it very much in my favor and I bought the whole thing back for $300. All I need now is an IP rebuild to address the disintegrating govenor flex-ring, and cab with a title. The bed and chassis are all perfect. So I'm on the hunt for a civvie cab with AC and power windows/locks so I can have some creature comforts but will repaint the whole thing with desert tan CARC to keep it military. Plus I'm thinking of going manual and put an Nv4500 behind the 6.2 which will give me a nice overdrive without having to worry about changing the 4.56 diffs, not to mention all the other benefits like PTO.

The scene on I-75 south of Atlanta about a month ago:

Here's the bulk of the story in two threads from the Steel Soldiers forum...

Part 1: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.p...hlight=#116789

Part 2: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.p...hlight=#120069

Damn man, you just bought that too didnt you?
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

WOW! Well, I gotta say... that is the most aerodynamic CUCV I have ever seen! I am glad nobody was hurt, Joe. That is pretty crazy - my dad and I have towed trucks and Jeeps on a trailer like that all over the place. That is strange it whip tailed! Even the last big tow trip included the CJ-7 on the trailer and my truck bed converted to trailer being towed behind that! The whole setup did the tail wag sometimes, but not to dangerous limits... it's just crazy to see this happened to a single car hauler! Thanks for the link BTW - I'll have to join up to that forum when I get back into my CUCVHumVee project... Assuming the truck makes the trip down to SLC!!!