Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rear View Camera, mirror mount

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    So bandit, how bad was it with the viewer on the sun visor? That would be the only option I would have or the passengers sun visor. I mean, it's not like you would be watching a video, just a 'check 6' glance.

Exactly! It's just fine on the driver visor. It's become second nature to flip down the visor when I back up!

Soon I'll be modding even more with pan and tilt controls. HOW? You ask. Good question!

I'm thinking I could go to a wrecking yard, find a power mirror assembly from oh say a Honda or a Mazda, anything, something cheap.. and take out the two motor pan/tilt mechanism AND the control switch from the cabin.

After a little modding, I could mount it in the rear blister with the camera attached, and put the switch up front in the fuzzy hole ( ohhhh fuzzy hole))) what??
    heh heh

Anyway.. that might be some fun eh?
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

i like that idea dino! at one point i was going to try to do that with lights.. then realized that with the weight of a decent light and the bumpy ride of the vx.. the mount wouldnt hold very sturdy.. with a lightweight camera it could be pretty sweet though! good luck w/ that mod!

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Dino Help!

I have everything installed now, but I m not sure how to or where to hook the camera up to a power source? If that makes sense. I installed and plugged the camera in and but do I have to hook that camera up to some type of power source like I did the monitor? The moniter worked but it comes up as a blue screen and says 'No Signal' What else do I have to do other than plug the camera in from the wire I ran from the front of the car?

Thanks a million! Followed your instructions to a Tee!

Alexander.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahama_Cross
    Hey Dino!

I got that same rear view mirror monitor kit off of ebay... I don't know much about wiring but I will have some help from people that do. I will print out your thread and follow it as an instruction booklet for my installation! Thanks for writing this thread I will let you know how my installation goes and hopefully posts a few pictures of it... thanks again!

Alexander.
    Dino Help!

I have everything installed now, but I m not sure how to or where to hook the camera up to a power source? If that makes sense. I installed and plugged the camera in and but do I have to hook that camera up to some type of power source like I did the monitor? The moniter worked but it comes up as a blue screen and says 'No Signal' What else do I have to do other than plug the camera in from the wire I ran from the front of the car?

Thanks a million! Followed your instructions to a Tee!

Alexander.

I believe his instructions say he tapped into the brown and white wire for the cigar lighter for his +12v lead for the camera...