Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All those for sale signs

Depending on how things go for me over the next year or so, there is a good possibility I will start hunting for a "deal". If I could find a good, strong running VX in the $5000-$6500 range, I would SERIOUSLY consider it. But again, it all depends on how things go for me over the next 12 months.

Clint, is that Mr. Horse?

Glad to know you sobered up and still love your VX.

Bart

That does indeed resemble Mr. Horse:

"No sir! I don't like it!"
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Me too Bart. I really wanted to puke after reading some of those holier than thow statements by those guys on the other forums.

Yes, gentlemen that is Mr. Horse.

I can never remember if it was; "Well sir, I dont like it" or "no sir, I dont like it."

Bart and I got into a conversation about the "Jeep Thing" on here once. He called Jeepers elitists and I agreed that there are some snobs out there. But there are snobs everywhere - I even considered what Bart had to say a bit on the elitist side... no offense of course. But why would you let other people's attitudes dictate what you want to buy? Buying a Jeep doesn't make you one of "those people"! There are too many pricks with Porsches but they are still nice cars. Lots of snobby cyclists with Subarus; doesn't mean you are going to start doing downhill racing.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    Bart and I got into a conversation about the "Jeep Thing" on here once. He called Jeepers elitists and I agreed that there are some snobs out there. But there are snobs everywhere - I even considered what Bart had to say a bit on the elitist side... no offense of course. But why would you let other people's attitudes dictate what you want to buy? Buying a Jeep doesn't make you one of "those people"! There are too many pricks with Porsches but they are still nice cars. Lots of snobby cyclists with Subarus; doesn't mean you are going to start doing downhill racing.
    True true. That isn’t the main reason why I don’t want to get rid of the VX now. I still do in a way just something to beat up on though. I just got to thinking about it and really didn’t want to get rid of my VX. Its fun. It looks cool. I have met a some cool people (on and off line) because of it.

Ahhh the Jeepers

my favorite youtube Hells Gate video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE2-v-zEKNU

Keep that VX!!!
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

Also one thing about me is I am VERY indecisive.

I know how it is... I wanted to get a new Rubicon, then decided against it. Then I considered an SAS on the VX, then decided against it. Who knows what I will do!?

I really don't think Jeeps are bad vehicles. In fact, they are very capable, super modable, bad @$$ off road vehicles. There is no question about that. I have several friends who love them, and they are not elitist @$$holes.

But, you know what it really is for me? During my short, 15 minute drive into work today, I counted 7 Jeep Wranglers. Had I been paying attention, I probably could have counted 10 Jeep Cherokees. And I probably missed a few of each.

Its just like Apple I-PODs. I really have no problem with the device itself. The interface is good, it plays MP3s, there are million accessories for it, but I think my Creative Labs Zen Vision, is just as good, if not better. I feel the same about my VX. Not to mention, I counted only 1 VX on my way to work, and I was in it.

Bart

And one more thing, if I was to buy another off roading vehicle (that's not another VX), I would probably try to find an old 70s Ford Bronco. I just love em.

Or, one of these, if I could afford one:

Bart

Amen Bart. I feel the same way. And have always liked the old broncos and defenders too.

Defender...Yes!! My thing with Jeeps are reliability,rough ride,they are everywhere. They are great off-road. It would have to be a hard top that I would never take off. VX's run circles around them on-road. I could not see me driving a jeep to Moab and back from Texas. There is a reason you always see them on a trailer or being towed. Uncomfortable. I'll stop ranting now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness
    My thing with Jeeps are reliability,rough ride,they are everywhere. I could not see me driving a jeep to Moab and back from Texas. There is a reason you always see them on a trailer or being towed. Uncomfortable. I'll stop ranting now!
    WEENIE! I drove an '89 soft top, carbed, Wrangler from El Paso to Casper and back once - 1000 miles each way. Drove from Boise to Casper once before that. Drove from Casper to Moab and back too - not a big deal really - pretty fun to tell you the truth. The VX rides about the same, it is just quieter. Reliability? That Jeep is still running with over 150,000 miles! Replaced the water pump, alternator, and clutch; that's it (besides maintainence and simple wear items) in the past 10 years we have had it!

I understand there are a bunch of Wranglers and XJ's all over the place. But when was the last time you saw a cab-over Jeep, or a Willys, or an MB, or a CJ-10/Tug? They are all increasingly rare! I own a CJ-5 which is also getting to be pretty rare. I see Isuzus every day and I see Jeeps everyday - but I rarely see a VX and I rarely see a Scrambler. End rant...

Any fans of the International Scouts/Shoebox?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino
    Ahhh the Jeepers

my favorite youtube Hells Gate video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE2-v-zEKNU

Keep that VX!!!
    I have always felt this to be a High Risk Trail.
    Because the trail is "V" shaped. the sidewalls will climb and in less than one tire revolution....... ***** happens!!!!!
    That is why I like those pictures, in the galleries, the most.
    I would feel safer with a winch tied to a dead head at the top, (or a rig at the top with a winch)
    I could not replace my VX. if I rolled it in the name of sport.
    Keep the shiny side up!

I see less than 2 Zu's a day. RARELY see a Axiom. Does anyone know how many of those were produced? I see a VX all the time. Joe = Jkstephens on here has an IronMan as well, and lives down the road a bit.