Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: All those for sale signs

I am actually still in shock at home many Isuzus I see here in Reno. When I lived in Chicago, I would only see an occasional Trooper or Rodeo. But out here, man, there are TONS of Troopers and LOADS of Rodeos. I have seen several Amigos but not as many as Troopers and Rodeos. I frequently see some really nice old Trooper IIs and they still look good.

Bart

'79-'86 I drove an old FJ softtop everywhere. One time, Philadelphia to L.A. to Daytona to Philadelphia in a ten day stretch. That lovely monster made a CJ seem positively refined. I loved every day of it.

Odd you didnt see many in Chicago. When I went to Purdue University the towns up there were loaded with Zu's and Ru's (subaru), becuase of the Laffeyette, Indiana plant that produced both makes. Figured they would travel a little north too. I see more honda passports than rodeo's.

J harris still interested in a second VX. I need to sell mine. I'll help you ship it

For the heck of it. Here are some of the Jeeps you DON'T see!

Willys Wagon

FC-170's and 150's(Forward Control)

And here is one for Bart. M715
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I have seen ONE of those Willy's Wagon's here in Reno. It was not nearly in the shape that one is in though.

And yeah, I almost, ALMOST love olive drab as much as I love black...I just love repitition and uniformity. There is something so menacing about flat black and OD fleets of angry looking vehicles. I also desert drab too, I think a desert camo rally VX might be in store for me next year sometime....

This one is sweet:

Khaki Jeep

Bart

I would so dig a desert camo rally VX! My Chevy Army truck is in desert drab - I planned on installing a sand color soft shell on it to match and already have the desert color HMMWV wheels and tires for it... maybe I should paint MY VX to match all that... what an awesome sight it would be to see that being towed down to Moab!!!! Hmmm.... Has a red desert drab been conceived yet???
    Well, CrnCnn I have totally murdered this thread for you... I hope you don't mind!

Yeah, it would look sweet. Khaki body, flat black cladding, lifted with BFG Mud Terrains, roof rack with M60 mounted up top, snorkel, automatic caltrops dispenser, smoke screen, winch and some giant steel ramming spikes coming out of the front, FARK YEAH! Sounds like my summer 08 project!

Bart

PS - I'm not kidding....well maybe the M60 part, but the rest is

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    I would so dig a desert camo rally VX! My Chevy Army truck is in desert drab - I planned on installing a sand color soft shell on it to match and already have the desert color HMMWV wheels and tires for it... maybe I should paint MY VX to match all that... what an awesome sight it would be to see that being towed down to Moab!!!! Hmmm.... Has a red desert drab been conceived yet???
    Well, CrnCnn I have totally murdered this thread for you... I hope you don't mind!

Ok Ok I'm a weenie when it comes to driving long distances,but I've always heard of reliability problems. Glad you guys have had better experiences. :yesg:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!