Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big Bright Driving Lights

OK, so I know what lights I am going to get, I know how I am going to mount them, but I need switches!

I have decided to just use the two existing blank spots on the dash and the center console. So, my question:

Will any Isuzu switch that is the right size work? Does anyone have any switches for sale? I want two, one to toggle the spotters and one to toggle the floods. I am also game for a fuzzy hole replacement if anyone has one for sale.

Speaking of the fuzzy hole, where do these come from?

Thanks - Bart

I don't know if you saw my switch setup out at the VC Highlands, but I just got a tape switch setup that has 4 individual buttons on it. It was mounted up inside the fuzzy hole via a tiny slit at the back. It is up on the top side of the hole, so nothing sitting inside can accidentally bump it. You still retain full use of the hole too. The switch runs to a box that already has relays built in. I think the only difference in being able to run your lights with the engine off and the key out is how you hook up your red wire. If you hook it up directly to the battery, it should work that way. If you hook it up to the fusebox, it will only work with the key in. I'll show you tonight at Bully's. You can also get your waterproof plug from Summit in kit form, for around $20 total parts cost, or buy the identical plug from pick and pull for less than $1.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask

Speaking of the fuzzy hole, where do these come from?

Thanks - Bart
    If we told you we'd have to kill you!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

bart the fuzzy hole bezel comes from rodeos w/ the same dash as the VX... warning though i picked up a fog light switch from an older rodeo the other day that looks pretty identical to all of our other switches, but had metal clips on the back instead of plastic.. and it didnt fit into the switch holes without a generous helping of "persuasion" and even then it sat about 1/8" lower than the rest of the switches and to me looked a little awkward

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"