Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I just picked up a hot 18-year old!!

Thumbs up

Nice find! (reminisces about '84 928...) These are truly underrated cars, and while not particularly quick they handle like a dream and have a look that just doesn't quit.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

That's my idea of an eighteen year old. Have fun, take it to the Berkshires, or out Lime Rock way, and wring its neck! Off camber sweepers are now your friends. Good luck!

:_drool: :_drool: :_drool: :_drool: ...crap, now i miss my old 944 again

I think that is the model that Tony Montana buys in Scarface to impress Michelle Phifer..."Jew like da car?"

Congrats! Beautiful! How lucky:18 years old, dressed in white, and almost a virgin (32K miles)
    Daniel

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Thanks for the link, Dino. Mine has the LH injection system, so does the same info apply? I will definitely contact you when things get weird!

Chopper, the first sporting drive is this weekend - we have to go up to Hunter, NY for the day on Saturday. I am seriously looking forward to driving 23A, particularly the twisty bits between Palenville and Tannersville. A couple of weeks ago, we drove up to Toronto for a wedding in the missus's A3. Rt 8 from Winsted up into the Berkshires was a lot of fun, but it would be MUCH more fun in the 928! Lime Rock is a possibility - I joined PCA and they have some events up there this summer. It would be nice to get some track time in it, but I need to master the downshift to 2nd before I play those games. It SAYS is has synchros, but they require a LOT more rev-matching than my Prelude did.

Joe Black - that's the beauty of the GT - it IS pretty quick! It has hotter cams than the contemporaneous S4, 326 hp/317 ft-lbs, a 2.73 rear, 0-60 in 5.8 (Porsche claim), top speed of 171 mph. It could always use more go juice (or a diet), but it's quick and solid and balanced. And gorgeous, to these eyes anyway.

Hot Wasabi - it's funny, I always associated the 928 with Risky Business, but I'm learning that there are plenty of Scarface fans out there, too.

So there are quite a few ex-Porsche owners here, huh? It kinda figures. There are good deals to be had on 80's era Porsches...

I keep looking at those photos and drooling. I've only driven a 928 once in my life, and I loved the way the acceleration pushes you back in the seat!

I hope you are out there enjoying it right now!
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

a ''sort of "modified double clutch on the downs will help alot. Don't go any deeper into the pedal than necessary on the drop in. You've syncros... but only singles (and slightly "primitive" ones at that) Downs can't be rushed...more deliberate...the shortened second stroke slows you down a bit, and makes the rev match come to you more easily. So easy to show...so difficult to describe. Like "heel and toe" (using the edges of the right foot to simultaniously brake and blip the throttle on down shift...also a useful skill) tough to describe. Danm, I miss elevation change