Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recharge A\C?

Arrow

Good advice that!
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    And to both of your points, the leak-stop didn't stop anything, and my charge was gone again by the evening. You may begin telling me that you told me so at your convenience.

I called my dealership and made an appointment for next week. I have an extended warranty, so I'll be paying all of $100 in deductible for whatever they need to replace on the A/C, and for a second driver-side window regulator (i.e., for the "dreaded window problem").

Hey that's pretty cool!!

DOH.. no pun intended.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Follow-up...

Turns out I had a leak in my condenser and a blockage in the lines to boot (don't recall where exactly). Hmm... blockage discovered after leak-stop added... a little suspicious you think? Of course, nothing conclusive, so take that little bit with a grain of salt.

Anyway, now it's the old two-trip repair... bring it in to diagnose and order parts, then bring it in again to get it fixed.

Monday... S/C install!!!

Just now, I tried the take home kit before reading his thread. Oops... So now I don't know what is going on - the first reading showed over 100 psi on the low port!!! WHY!? Then the 2nd reading showed 45 abouts. The directions say to get a reading of 55 psi. So I figured I did something wrong to get the 1st reading. I then added some frig. and saw it get close to 55 and backed it off - BAM, it shot right back up to 90 psi just like that!! WTF! I relieved some pressure cuz the clutch kept kicking in - I ended up taking it right back down to 45 psi to stay out of the danger zone. That's right, it wouldn't stay steady! It would hover up to 65 psi before the clutch would relieve pressure again and then drop to 45. I decided to drive around a bit and now it stays right where it was before I started this little drama. What is going on? Anybody?

I will prob'ly take it in for service to make sure I didn't screw something up, which defeats the purpose of the kit altogether!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    Just now, I tried the take home kit before reading his thread. Oops... So now I don't know what is going on - the first reading showed over 100 psi on the low port!!! WHY!? Then the 2nd reading showed 45 abouts. The directions say to get a reading of 55 psi. So I figured I did something wrong to get the 1st reading. I then added some frig. and saw it get close to 55 and backed it off - BAM, it shot right back up to 90 psi just like that!! WTF! I relieved some pressure cuz the clutch kept kicking in - I ended up taking it right back down to 45 psi to stay out of the danger zone. That's right, it wouldn't stay steady! It would hover up to 65 psi before the clutch would relieve pressure again and then drop to 45. I decided to drive around a bit and now it stays right where it was before I started this little drama. What is going on? Anybody?

I will prob'ly take it in for service to make sure I didn't screw something up, which defeats the purpose of the kit altogether!
    Did you have the AC cranked to the max when recharging?

Yeah! Not sure what happened - intermittent clog?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Maybe...no clue from this end.