Yeah, the real problem is, I have no time. I started on as a permanant employee at my new job here in Reno in late February and I only get like 3 days of vacation this year. It really sucks. I already used a bunch of days for Moab and I have to take some time around the holidays so I am basically screwed until '08. Weekend trips are about all I can do for the rest of this year....

Next year, for Moab, I am planning to stay the whole week and camp a little more on the way there and back. We stayed at Great Basin National Park last time, and it was GREAT!

When I lived in Chicago, I had like 5 weeks of vacation stored up at my job, since I was there for so long, and when I quit I got payed out for it (which was nice, it helped pay for the move), but now I am really missing my vacation time. I barely ever took a vacation when I lived in Chicago, and now I have like a million trips I wanna take out here....

Such is life I guess....

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
Thats about the same drive I have to get to Moab (well worth it though!). Sedona is starting to get over built/populated. They are building housing projects right up in the red rock. Kind of makes me sick to see. I was up there in the late 70's when there was nothing but nature up there. The "main" street through town had maybe a dozen little shops and that was pretty much it. Slie rock is a lot of fun and there are some nice camp areas in the Oak Creek Canyon area. Unfortunately they fill up quickly on the weekends. If you came down though, you'd definately want to take your time coming down and hit all the cool stuff on the way down.
When i go to Moab next year I am leaving a few days early so I can stop and do some hiking in Canyon de Chelly (I've always wanted to see the falls and canyons there) and getting into Moab a day or two early to rent a mountain bike and get a little different perspective on the trails!