View Poll Results: COVX'ers: Would you be interested in gathering with other locals?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, sounds great! Would love to meet everyone...

7 100.00%
  • Would love to, but would rather wait until Colorado Colors meet.

0 0%
  • Meh. I'm rather anti-social...

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ((( Colorado VX'ers : gather? )))

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

meet

i'll be up in fairplay this saturday at burro days. i believe mdwyer will be there also. so if you all wanted to we could meet up there?

or continuing on the sunday front - i can still meet this sunday (july 29) or sunday's in august (except the first sunday, aug 5th)

seeing as a few folks come from farther away i'm not sure an after work gathering will work, but I'm up for it if we can make it happen! this soft-serve machine and homebrew sound tantalising..

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    **swing and a miss**

only mdwyer showed for the 8pm online chat meeting to iron out plans... we decided to just meet up to introduce ourselves.

apparently getting more than two colorado vx'ers to meet is harder than pulling teef! maybe some other time kids...

take care.

-biju.

Just picked up the thread for the meet. I haven't been online for awhile-to damn busy. If it is still a go for a meet sometime in August or September, I could proably make it except for Labor day weekend and the weekend after (going camping). I will try to look see more instead of waiting 3 weeks to get online.

Y'all can all come out to the Air Force Academy THIS FRIDAY (Aug 3rd) and watch me try to compete in a car show (of course with the VX!!). Better yet, you can enter your own VX into the show on-site for $20 and be a part of the fun. 0730 is the time to enter the lot (Prep School Grounds near the Community Center) and the actual show runs from 1000-1500. Base-wide picnic will be happening at the same time, so expect lots of people, music, food, booths, cadets flinging their bodies towards the ground, etc.

And yes, the show (both competing and viewing) is open to the public.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...&t=h&z=17&om=1

Cheers,
    Fuzzy
    2001 Proton #1413
    Kaneohe, HI

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    beej, i would have been in, but #1 i dont even have a VX anymore, its dead. #2 im in chicago =)

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    Sorry guys...I don't have access to the internet at the house in Steamboat, so it was difficult for me. I'm up for another chance, but it seems like everybody is too busy these days. -not willing to plan. BUT if it turns out we can all plan something, then like I said, Im in!
    *VX CHIC*

I'm like "The Chick", I don't have internet access at the house, and I REALLY didn't feel like going in to work at 8pm on a Sunday.

I, too, am still up for a little get together just about any time. I'm heading to the Telluride Blues and Brews in mid-September (anyone want to go?), and I'll be doing the 24 Hours of Moab in mid-October, but other than that I should be free.

Maybe we should just plan a skiing/boarding get together for opening day on one of the mountains.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman
    I'm like "The Chick", I don't have internet access at the house, and I REALLY didn't feel like going in to work at 8pm on a Sunday.
    No internet at home?! How do you survive ?!

Would a Sunday meet-up work if we planned it during the week? I'm still not sure I could make it back in time (I'll be parked on I-70 trying to get back to Denver this Sunday evening. ) but maybe the weekend after?

That is, would you have been able to come last Sunday if you had known about it?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Question

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid
    beej, i would have been in, but #1 i dont even have a VX anymore, its dead. #2 im in chicago =)
    WTF???...Last I checked, Chi-town is a far piece off from your last known whereabouts.(I seem to remember you pointed in the direction of the left coast last we met) What's goin' on ?

PM me if you want, so as not to jack this thread any further ...sorry.