Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

Looks like I'm going to have to do both windows. From what I've been reading it seems the brackets are the best choice.

Would someone post the contact info for the brackets? Thanks.

EDIT: Just checked. Is it still the SBC link?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to do both windows. From what I've been reading it seems the brackets are the best choice.

Would someone post the contact info for the brackets? Thanks.

EDIT: Just checked. Is it still the SBC link?
    Yep, click here: http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.htm , scroll down, click the first "buy now" button you see, enjoy...

Thanks.

Cool

i resorted to a label on my door panel that says "pull front of glass up when raising"..........Im tired of this issue---maybe these parts will help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

Quote Originally Posted by SBC View Post
    Yes....i still make these brackets as they are ordered !! I think every VX will need these over time as the plastic one's will brake at some point.
    I'm glad I'm ordering before you get tired of making them!!! If you end up having to make 4000 sets I hope you at least get rich! I'll try taking some more pictures to either show everyone how do do it right or to ask for help in finding out what went horribly wrong!
    Canadian VXer!

Thumbs up How to

John "Rowhard"
    Posted "how to" pictures for the door panel removal with a parts and tools;

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=22

Great Job, John! Now if we could expand on this.......

I think the video camera's files may have been overwritten / lost?

Maybe when the weather improves we can try again?????
    Sometimes I Wonder......
    Why Is That Frizbee Getting Bigger?
    Then It Hits Me

Quote Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
    I'm glad I'm ordering before you get tired of making them!!! If you end up having to make 4000 sets I hope you at least get rich! I'll try taking some more pictures to either show everyone how do do it right or to ask for help in finding out what went horribly wrong!
    Sad to say i wont be getting Rich making these!!! ...haha
    Actually i gotta put my money making projects to the side to weld these brackets up, its all good at least no one is waiting on Isuzu to fix this one little mistake.

Received your order..Thank You...will have that in the mail by mid week

Hi Tim- We spoke about 2 weeks ago by phone. I'm up near Prescott. Got my driver window working perfectly right now by tweaking the track & bracket and then using pure silicon spray. I haven't tackled the pass window yet, but it doesn't jump the track coming up, but comes up VERY slowly.

I recall reading a post somewhere here that said not to slam the doors as it might break the window tabs (that your metal brackets replace). Have you heard/seen that?

I see you're making a set for mrtew in Canada this week...would it be more efficient for you to make 2 sets at once? If so, I'll order mine now also.

I think you mentioned you could also install them too. Let me know how much and HOW LONG OF A JOB you think that would be. We're coming down to PHX on morning of 2/2 and wanted to know if it's an install job we could wait on? Not sure since I've read the glue has to sit for a while. Would something like that work for you?

You could also keep them there & save the shipping costs since they sound like they're a zero profit margin for you.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Sue
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Wow, if that happens make sure to take pix and post them! This could finally be the opportunity for a knowledgeable install to be documented! (unless it already has and I missed something, I've seen a few pictures out there but they don't fill me with confidence) And say hi to AZ for me.... I'm from your area! I used to drive thru Dewey on my way down to Phoenix and Tucson all the time! Which is really weird because I got my VX in Detroit and it's the very next one off the line before yours according to the number! (no I'm not stalking you, I just glanced at the number and it seemed so familiar).

Wow, that is coincidental! I've also looked at VINs but hadn't noticed yours. I started searching for my VX in December, found at least 90% were on the East Coast. Made me crazy! I found a '01 Foxfire in Virginia with 64k and had it shipped here to AZ (OUCH! $1,000 buckaroos).

So far, no rust, came with virtually brand new Falken Ziex tires, brake pads at least 80%, OEM shocks aren't leaking (but I can't stand them!! ...I live about 1 mile back on a dirt/rocky road...I'd read the VX "rides rough" but this dirt road is going to shake pieces loose in no time! It's like driving the Flintmobile with Fred Flintstone! So I'm looking at new shocks & reading all the posts I can here to get info on what to pick for my desired ride. I'm going to sell the OEM shocks here.

Wasn't "leaking" any oil until I took it to auth Isuzu service (which is a Toyota/Hundai/GM dealership) and now it's dripping about 1 teaspoon every 3 days. Got to take it back to them. Haven't had it long enough to see if it's "using" oil yet.

I will definitely take as many pics as Tim will let me. Photogr is my other hobby so I should be able to put together a really good set of pics / tutorial.

Question

So everyone above is talking about when the window "tilts" when going down I assume. Mine makes a snap/pop sound intermitt. for a split second just when it starts to go down from the closed position. Is that the same thing or something else causing that? I pulled the panel off and my main holding bracket(to the glass) is in tact but I did notice the plastic guide in tact but alot of play in it. I greased everything up, lubed the tracks, and tried it and still does it at will. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks.
    Larry S.
    99 Astral Silver VX (176k)
    91 Porsche 928 S4 (73k)

How did the cable itself look? My plastic tabs were fine but my window regulator cable was shredding and making a snapping crackling sound. Had to have it replaced.

BTW I still have my metal tabs that I ordered from SBC because I didn't need them if anyone who does wants to buy them off me instead of getting him to make more for you!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtew View Post

BTW I still have my metal tabs that I ordered from SBC because I didn't need them if anyone who does wants to buy them off me instead of getting him to make more for you!
    email inbound

I know that this is a old thread, but is this fix still availible? My driver side window tabs have been brolen, repaired and now beyond repair. I haven't rolled my window for almost 2 years and it's annoying. Also, can you recommends some glues besides hot glue?

Quote Originally Posted by MarjieJ View Post
    I know that this is a old thread, but is this fix still availible? My driver side window tabs have been brolen, repaired and now beyond repair. I haven't rolled my window for almost 2 years and it's annoying. Also, can you recommends some glues besides hot glue?
    MarjieJ--- Click-on the "link" in the above posting #172