Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That's the fundamental question... Does the design address the tilt problem, or could they be modified to allow for adjustments left and right?

If this is a permanent fix, I'm definitely in, and $49.00 shipped is more than fair.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

In for a set! My passenger window sux, and the driver's side is getting wanky.

Let us know about the tilt adjustment factor, too, if you took that into consideration! Thanks for doing this. Nice work!
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

$49! I'm most definitely in!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    Just wondering, will this also fix the window tilt problem? Am thinking its bulldoggie that fixed the problem with offsetting the hole slightly to change the way it worked. Is that something you have incorporated in this design or is it not a issue.
    When i made my first set i punched the mounting holes for Vertiacl Adjustments!!!! It didnt help the tilt problem at all..still tilts slightly!!!! Im working on a solution to the tilting but that will have nothing to do with the clips, the tilt has more to do with the play in the piece that connects to the cable !!! in my case anyways..............There will be holes for Horizontal Adjustments only.
    Tim
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com

Taking Orders for Metal Window Clips

Taking orders now for the replacement window clips
    Link to the VX page is on my website just below the customergallery.
    These mounting clips are slotted for Horizontal Adjustments.
    Just starting to get these into production for you guys so bare with me please, I will be building these as fast as i can...
    Tim Parker

Tim, I have had a few jar's of kentucky's finest, sooooooooooooooo,... maybe I'm not see your website below the customer's gallery. Anyway, made for horiz. adjustment, that means the tilt problem right? Some are in need right now, so will stay in touch since mine are well lubed, or is it me that is,... not sure right now, but it is the 4th so who gives a hoot.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC
    When i made my first set i punched the mounting holes for Vertiacl Adjustments!!!! It didnt help the tilt problem at all..still tilts slightly!!!! Im working on a solution to the tilting but that will have nothing to do with the clips, the tilt has more to do with the play in the piece that connects to the cable !!! in my case anyways..............There will be holes for Horizontal Adjustments only.
    Tim
    Horizontal adjustment and "spacers" for the "play" is all the adjustments needed.
    I'm glad your addressing the horizontal problem.

OK I still cant see where to pay. Under custmer gallery is nothing but VISA and PAYPAL logo's. How am I missing it?
    THANKS STEVE

Thumbs up

Tim,
    It is good to hear that you have address my concerns. I think you have done a great job.
    It sounds like the play in your window should be fixed with the washer "spacer" fix. I wish I was close enough to help you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggie
    Tim,
    It is good to hear that you have address my concerns. I think you have done a great job.
    It sounds like the play in your window should be fixed with the washer "spacer" fix. I wish I was close enough to help you with that.
    I tried the spacer fix.....still tilts slightly so im not happy.......LOL
    i would like to see the inside of another VX (in Person)and see if it is wearing on the track the same as mine...just to much play in mine! Will get a chance next week to pull it apart again and pull the whole thing out to see what i can do about it...
    Thanks Bulldoggie
    Tim

Talking

Like I said before SBC, we're in the same trade... and I guess our minds are alike because I see the Isuzu regulator the same way you do. IT'S CRAP!!

I have wear on the center alignment nylon parts. Bad design.
    A regulator with guide width of about 1.75" with a moment arm over 16" on three little points of nylon!!!!

To expect that to last more than a year or two without significant wear is nonsense. ALL of mine have hairline fractures in them at seven years old. ALL of the plastic tabs were broken. This was my fix.

So here we are, with all these window problems caused by three points of contact that aren't even close to the form following the function.

I'm also brainstorming a whole new regulator SBC. Should be fun to see how we each solve the problem.
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

Thumbs up

You guys are awesome to take the time to not only find a fix for a problem we all share but to share your fixes with us including detailed pictures. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by SBC
    I tried the spacer fix.....still tilts slightly so im not happy.......LOL
    i would like to see the inside of another VX (in Person)and see if it is wearing on the track the same as mine...just to much play in mine! Will get a chance next week to pull it apart again and pull the whole thing out to see what i can do about it...
    Thanks Bulldoggie
    Tim
    It is possible that the plastic guides on your lift arm track are worn beyond their porpose. most likely the one that has a thin slot that rides the edge of the track. (this is the one that controls vertical alignment) the other guide wraps around the other edge and holds the arm close to the track. You might pull the panel on the other door and compare the wear on the arm guides. I have no fix for these two plastic (nylon) guide pieces. If you cannot make your own, you may have to buy a complete regulator to get those pieces.

Sorry it's not a very good picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggie
    It is possible that the plastic guides on your lift arm track are worn beyond their porpose. most likely the one that has a thin slot that rides the edge of the track. (this is the one that controls vertical alignment) the other guide wraps around the other edge and holds the arm close to the track. You might pull the panel on the other door and compare the wear on the arm guides. I have no fix for these two plastic (nylon) guide pieces. If you cannot make your own, you may have to buy a complete regulator to get those pieces.

Sorry it's not a very good picture.
    Yep same as mine to much play in that spot!.....Just gonna figure a way to fix that little problem of the guides by adding a roller to it or something like that......Just like with the clips I will build somthing rather then buying a replacement so i dont end up with the same problem a year or two down the road!
    Tim

Great product!!!! Thanks Tim. Highly recommend fix...