Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

Still no directions

I bought these months ago and could not figure out how to install. I emailed for directions and was told none exist. I even took it to a local body repair place and they could not figure it out. Has anyone figured it out and can post directions since the seller has not yet honored his statement to post directions?

Email me directly and i can send it (Zip File)
    install doesn't cover the removal of your door panels or glass....you should be able to find that in the VX shop manual.
    One more thing !!! if the body shop you took your vx too couldnt make heads or tails of the brackets.................You should find a place to install these that know a little something about autos
    My direct email is streetboutique@hotmail.com and i will send you the install picture in a zip file

I posted this before that i had the install direction for anyone that needed them !!!!!!! looks like a couple of mine got deleted when the site went down.....
    sorry to everyone i didn't realize it

You might want to put a copy of the file on your server and link from your VX window fix page.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Quote Originally Posted by SBC View Post
    I posted this before that i had the install direction for anyone that needed them !!!!!!! looks like a couple of mine got deleted when the site went down.....
    sorry to everyone i didn't realize it
    1. Remove old plastic tabs and glue.
    2. Install new metal tab and new glue.

Not trying to be a complete prick, but I never thought it was that hard to figure out. I'll try to find some links to some of the old post. There are about 20 thread discussion on this issues and I remember some going into detail on how to do a tab replacement. I'll see what I can find.

The directions may be on here but I never found them using the search feature but then again I did not search everyday. As for Legomans directions it reminds me of an old Shoe cartoon. He was replacing his transmission and the shop manual said step 1 remove old transmission. Those directions are probably good enough for those who do not need directions but for those of us who do they are no help at all.

SO DO THESE WORK??? I am literally adding them to my Christmas list - yest I still make a list. Why not? I still make my parents make one too.

Thumbs up Installed today

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    SO DO THESE WORK??? I am literally adding them to my Christmas list - yest I still make a list. Why not? I still make my parents make one too.
    YES.. SBC installed these for me today.. (glad I live in the valley) and yes it is overwhelming to pull your window out of the door.. but I figured "Hey, it wasn't attached to anything anyway.. ya remove the old tabs.. hot glue the new bracket on.. (make sure the window is lubed when it comes out and it should go right back in lickety-split.

for those of you having troubles.. picture 2 plastic tabs holding on to a 10-lb window.. then picture a metal brace 7 inches wide holding up the same weight.. It was money well spent as far as I am concerned..

Thanks again Tim.. you helped me out alot.... even helped the tilt go away.. but I am sure that the lubing will still need to be done regularly to keep'em that way..

My main problem is the tilt issue, the lube doesnt seem to help the matters either and I have tried the washer trick (it made mine worse).

My main problem is the tilt issue, the lube doesnt seem to help the matters either and I have tried the washer trick (it made mine worse).
    well the passenger window tilted before the brace was installed.. and now it doesnt.. tabs on the driver's side broke and the passenger's side were gonna break soon.. they were bending at the base of the window.. the new bracket doesn't bend like plastic.. anyways.. was my 2cents.. good luck

The washer trick is NOT for the tilt adjustment.
    You have to adjust the glass to the rear to remove the tilt.

The washer trick is for the pinching, where the glass is trying to push outward of the guides and you see the glass on the wrong side of the rubber.

I had that issue as well, and the washers seem to have only made that worse as well. The washers made the window push even further out of the track.

I had that issue as well, and the washers seem to have only made that worse as well. The washers made the window push even further out of the track.
    The number of washers used, is different for every window.
    It is important to make the glass rest on the nylon pad, in the middle of the lift arm, unbolted, near the top and near the bottom.

Wow, I am an over achiever.... Had these for about 6 months now and still have not installed them. I dont really have any window issues currently since I did the old bracket bend fix, so I guess these are a backup plan if anything.

Hey kids! The word of the day is "Procrastinate"! Lets say it together!!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Hey kids! The word of the day is "Procrastinate"! Lets say it together!!
    Meh...mebbe later...