Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Taking Orders for Metal Window Clips

www.streetboutiquecustoms.com
    Taking orders now for the replacement window clips
    Link to the VX page is on my website just below the customergallery.
    These mounting clips are slotted for Horizontal Adjustments.
    Just starting to get these into production for you guys so bare with me please, I will be building these as fast as i can...
    Tim Parker

Tim, I have had a few jar's of kentucky's finest, sooooooooooooooo,... maybe I'm not see your website below the customer's gallery. Anyway, made for horiz. adjustment, that means the tilt problem right? Some are in need right now, so will stay in touch since mine are well lubed, or is it me that is,... not sure right now, but it is the 4th so who gives a hoot.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Payment sent!!!

Rowhard: it is the link under the customer gallery (same page, is the last link that says VX)
    Daniel

Rowhard was drinking and was looking for my VX link under gallery's here....LOL
    Got your payment.......Thanks!
    Got four sets right now with the paint drying........will be sending yours out tomorrow.
    For everyone else you can order here
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com
    Click on the VX link under MY customer gallery
    Tim

Done and DONE!

Payment sent. It'll be nice to have working windows again, in time for summer!!!

Thanks!
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

I can't find it . Are they gone or I will paypal you tommorow.
    But I want a set.
    THANKS STEVE

When you open up his site, the options are on the left side. You need to scroll down using the slider (not the correct term I am sure) next to the options and you will see it there.

Payment sent and thanks for working these up.

Payment has been sent!

Dark- So this cured the tilting problem? My passenger window tilts forward when raising. Would this cure it?

Also how easy is this install and what other parts accesories are needed to complete it?

Thanks.

My window would tilt to the left (looking at the door from inside the car). I would hear a major wind noise inside the cab unless I manually tilted it back.

I used a razor blade to cut it off the existing plastic tabs. After I removed the tabs I found that one had cracked and that's probably why it was tilting. I did not remove the window from the door, I did everything inside it. I then attached the new steel bracket where the plastic clips had been attached. I put in the glue and pushed the window down into the metal bracket. I then slide the window as far to the right (looking at the door from inside the car). I let it dry overnight. It was relatively easy. I've raised/lowered the window about 10 times a day since Sunday so far no problems. This weekend I'm going to check out the bracket and see how the glue is holding up. I'm hoping this is a permanent fix.

The glue & razor blade were the only things I needed. The mounting screws were included with the bracket.

You know, if only a Isuzu engineer was a member of this group and would come out with a permant, factory fix as in recall not to take anything away from the fine work of SBC and Bulldog and the rest of the community. It was a design AFU and should of been fixed by them a long time ago. Anyway SBC, thanks for your work. I don't need them today, but will happily support your talent. paypal sent.